PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

Mashy
19-02-17, 14:29
Hi,

I've been on this forum on and off for a long time, I had another account before but cant remember username.

I've had panic attacks since I was 15/16, I'm now 31. Also had agoraphobia quite badly at times. I also have suffered quite a it from Trichitollomania (however you spell it!) mostly my eyelashes but now also my head.

Despite it all I've always pushed myself to live a fairly normal life, got a good degree and then good jobs. But I always kept my MH a secret.

After feeling a bit better, I decided to become a teacher - but quickly found I hate it. I'm quite tied down financially so havent been able to leave and as a result got quite depressed and my panic attacks have started coming back.

Anyway, I remember this forum being really supportive so decided to come back. Also I'm currently teaching in a school where MH is quite an issue and have felt really empathetic towards the girls, which has sparked a will to help people xx

Bigboyuk
19-02-17, 14:32
Hi and welcome back Mashy to NMP glad you decided to come back you will get loads of support for sure just like I have so settle back in and enjoy :)

venusbluejeans
19-02-17, 14:40
Hiya Mashy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Panicer
19-02-17, 14:51
Hi Mashy

I think it's great that you want to help the kids with their MH. It was certainly never discussed with us when I was younger, or when I was older come to think of it. Maybe if it was my first panic attack wouldn't have scared me so much? I hope you find the support you need here again :D

Mashy
19-02-17, 16:04
Thanks folks :)