PDA

View Full Version : What are your more 'unique' symptoms of GAD?

Lissa101
19-02-17, 17:48
So, like most people I have a myriad of anxiety symptoms. Literally dozens that ebb and flow over time. I'm pretty much ok with the typical ones - racing heart, lack of concentration, DP/DR, adrenaline ect. Lately, I find I struggle most with the more rare symptoms, the ones that are more specific to us as individuals and not necessarily on the lists of common symptoms that I read about.

At the moment it's listlessness that's bothering me the most. I don't feel overly anxious, just a bit lacking in motivation and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on anything for a long time.

Does anyone else have 'uncommon' symptoms that bug them?

x

almamatters
19-02-17, 21:22
I don't know if mine are unique but one of my symptoms is a sharp pain in my nose and another a hot stinging feeling on the side of my head, both very irritating and weird sensations.

DirkGaston
20-02-17, 12:54
Im guessing mine is pretty common: extremely uncomfortable tightness in my chest that translates sometimes into extreme fear and elevated heart rate. Lately its been constant.

witsend
21-02-17, 00:17
Mine is my duck-walk - my lower legs become so tense that I waddle when I try to walk. Getting around can be a real drag when you walk like Pingu!!

W

GlassPinata
21-02-17, 00:33
Eyelid twitches (only in my left eyelid).
I swear to god sometimes I think I must look insane, like I'm having a seizure.
But I've looked in the mirror when my eyelid is twitching, and it is barely noticeable (probably not noticeable, if you're not looking for it).
It just FEELS very extreme sometimes.

insideout20
21-02-17, 09:14
mine is the heavy chest and cant breath feeling which I can have for hours, also vibrating chest when sleeping and extreme fatigue