PDA

View Full Version : Research: Use of online support systems

AHME409
19-02-17, 18:13
Hello everyone,

I am an undergraduate psychology student looking for participants that would be willing to take part in my research on why people use online social support systems such as forums. If you chose to take part, you will be asked a series of six questions relating to your use of the internet for social support - over PM. I may ask further questions to clarify information you have given me. I myself suffer from social anxiety and often resort to the internet in times of need, so this topic is of interest to me and any contributions would be much appreciated. Please respond to this thread if you would be interested in taking part in this study and I shall PM you more details along with a consent sheet. If after receiving a participant information sheet you do not wish to take part, you do not have to. Thank you so much for your time.

-AHME409

P.S. I have received approval from moderators to post my research on this forum.

Mochi
19-02-17, 19:53
If it is a brief survey I will participate. :)

AHME409
19-02-17, 20:23
If it is a brief survey I will participate. :)

Hello Mochi,

Thank you for your response. You will be asked about 6 questions over PM and I would really appreciate if you could try to write at least 100 words for each. I may ask a couple other questions just to clarify things. It should take you less than 20 minutes to answer everything! :) If you are interested, I can send you a participant information sheet and a consent form. You can choose whether or not to take part after reading the PIS.

Many thanks,
-AHME409

Clydesdale Epona
19-02-17, 20:44
I would be more than happy to take part :)

All the best :hugs:

AHME409
21-02-17, 12:08
I would be more than happy to take part :)

All the best :hugs:

Thank you so much! I will PM you an information sheet.

sophieunderscore
21-02-17, 15:04
I did this for my undergrad dissertation and got some really interesting results - good luck!

AHME409
21-02-17, 16:27
I did this for my undergrad dissertation and got some really interesting results - good luck!

Thank you, Sophieunderscore! :) Can I ask how you went about it? Perhaps I could improve on my method. What sort of questions did you ask?

Dave1
24-02-17, 22:50
Yes, I'll do it - send me a PM