PDA

View Full Version : Second time on citralopram - positive experiences?

Alison13
20-02-17, 16:20
Hi guys! Just found this site and it's amazing!

I've been prescribed 10mg of Citralopram after having an anxiety relapse. I was previously taking 20mg for several years but was able to wean off about 5 months ago. However, the anxiety has since crept back and I'm now suffering panic attacks all over again!

The first time around I don't remember suffering any side effects but I've been reading posts all over the place that the second time around people are experiencing nausea and generally feeling awful for weeks.

This has definitely kicked in a deep dread about going back on them. I'm an au pair overseas so I live where I work and being off work sick for 3 weeks is a bit impossible.

I was hoping if anyone had any positive experiences of going back on citralopram they could let me know? I'd love to hear someone had no real side effects!

ip
21-02-17, 09:48
Not great going back on, but not worse than the last time, at least as far as I remember. Propranolol and diazepam taking the edge off the anxiety side effects. Day 3 now.

Alison13
21-02-17, 12:30
Thanks for your reply! Are your side effects mainly anxiety based or like physical nauseas etc separate from anxiety? Let me know how you get on in a few days and I'll do the same :)

Benjammin69
21-02-17, 12:52
Hi what time do you take yours? I have just started this for the first time and the only side effects I'm having is diarrhoea and bit tough waking up in the morning but I'm also taking 30mg mirtazapine as well so it could be the combo

ip
21-02-17, 12:59
Side effects seem to start with edginess/anxiety/very low mood, then a tranquil period, then yawning, more edginess, now wanting to fall asleep. Low level headache as well.

That's with a night-time pill; may switch to mornings shortly.

Benjammin69
21-02-17, 13:50
Saying that I do get a full pain in my head but that's too be expected with ssris. I remember sertraline it was awful. This doesn't seem as bad at all, I'm also stopping quetiapine and oxazepam and it seems to have calmed me down I take mine about 5pm then my mirtazapine about 8pm. I am only taking 10mg of cit tho doc wants me to go up to 20mg in 2 weeks :-/