PDA

View Full Version : All was going so well. Now Im another one with twitching and perceived weakness.

Skkyee
21-02-17, 21:25
I have been doing really well in recent months, even my anxiety, when it has struck, has not been health related, just usual GAD.

And now its back.... HA.... so i am seeking reassurance, as this place helps me so much.

I over used my hands last week, on some project... but i had stiff joints afterwards and for 2 days I had some spasms in my thumb and first finger... so I panicked! of course, even though I knew the cause and that it has happened in the past during my 15 years with HA and GAD... of course I panicked, apparently thats what i always do!!

That has gone, long gone... no issue. But since then I have had spasms, twitching and cramping in the foot on the same side. Well, more the threat of cramp, it has only cramped for a few of second a couple of times... but my feet do that when they are cold.

Its been 5 days, its on my mind all the time.... except when I am fully distracted.. when i am fully distracted i dont notice it, eg, while I am at work.

I dont google... I know what google would say... Im always scared of google andit s endless triggers.

Sigh... I bore myself with this.

Thanks for any support.

Skkyye
xx

Sixpack
21-02-17, 21:29
Well I am going to point out the obvious here. The answer is in your title "Now I am another one with twitching and perceived weakness". Don't let the lies your anxious mind is peddling trick you.

PASchoolSyndrome
21-02-17, 21:36
Walk forward on your tippy toes and backwards on your heels. Then squat and walk forward like a duck.

You're fine.

The fact that it goes away when you're not thinking about it should be reassurance enough!

Skkyee
21-02-17, 21:59
Thank you... I have trained myself to talk myself out of these weird symptom obsessions!! But sometimes.. its compelling :-(

I find myself enjoying something and feeling happy... then i think 'Such a shame I might be horribly ill and everything may be about to get spoiled' .... Our brains are so powerful!

I discuss this like i am, knowing full well that I am talking about anxiety not some horrible disease, yet the devil on my other shoulder says 'hey, someone has to get these illnesses.. might be you'

PASchoolSyndrome
21-02-17, 22:07
I can totally relate, and I think it's good sometimes for someone to just dead pan be like "Nope. Stop that."