PDA

View Full Version : prozac and alchohol

Keep going
20-04-07, 19:33
does anybody drink while on prozac?

eeyorelover
20-04-07, 20:46
Mixing alcohol with Prozac is a really bad idea because both are metabolized in your liver so they compete against each other usually leaving the alcohol in your body longer. I have heard of people even blacking out from mixing the two.
Both alcohol and Prozac can make you overly tired with can result in sleep apnea too.
Not good to mix the 2 of them.
xxx
Sandy

nomorepanic
20-04-07, 21:46
I drank whilst on them. In fact I drank very heavily at the time and had no adverse effects.

ksmith
20-04-07, 22:07
I've been on prozac for over a year now and mix drink with them. I spose I get pissed a bit quicker but then that's a bonus for me lol

Please note I am not medically qualified to say whether it does your organs any harm!

Kay x

yorkylover
20-04-07, 23:39
My friend is on prozac and she drinks,she gets drunk very quickley.Then she feels ill for a few days after.I think each person is different.Your not supposed to drink with antidepressants really.:wacko:

Daniel S
20-04-07, 23:42
I used to drink on Prozac, however, I used to get this gut wrentching pain in my stomach (maybe it was anxiety), but luckily am now on neither Prozac or alcohol - yay me!! :yesyes:

spoon
22-04-07, 23:03
ive been on prozac for about 5 weeks now for anxiety. I have realised that the only way I am going to get better is to make some changes in my life. i.e. eat a healthy diet, get some excercise, be more organised and stop drinking.

As it is I had a pot noodle for my dinner, sat at the computer for hours and had a couple of bottles of beer on friday :)

However Every time I drink i feel terrible the next day. Not a hangover but a guaranteed anxiety attack. Think about it If your on prozac you need to be thinking what you need to do to get better and drinking doesnt help.

Now if only I could take my own advice

Togepi
29-01-08, 17:55
I Drink Regularly And Am On 40mg Of Prozac And Have Done For A Long Time And Im Fine X

coxwit
29-01-08, 18:06
Alcohol is a "Depressant"...Prozac is an "Anti-Depressant"....seems kind of counterproductive to drink while on Prazac eh?