PDA

View Full Version : so scared

maria26
23-02-17, 13:18
I have pain between spine and shoulderblade for 6 weeks now. Feels tender, hurts aches sore. Dr said burstitis said you only had chest ct 4 months ago and I had it mildly then. Had it 2014 but after normal mri it eventually went. Googled and am afraid its rib or shoulderblade cancer. Feels like it burns too. Have poked and rubbed looking for lumps. Has anyone else ever had this and it was anxiety. I suffer awful h.a. hurts even when I am still. This worries me. Surely anxiety would not make this hurt so
Please help

Fishmanpa
23-02-17, 13:21
It's not cancer, it's bursitis and yes it hurts. Your anxiety is making it worse as you're tense. Perhaps some OTC pain relief will lessen it.

Positive thoughts

Clydesdale Epona
23-02-17, 16:13
I agree with your doctor its bursitis, a good thing you could do is try to stop googling and definitely stop poking/prodding x

All the best :hugs:

NancyW
23-02-17, 16:13
Why don't you believe your dr?

Why don't you believe the chest ct?

Why don't you believe the MRI?

What WOULD you believe?

maria26
24-02-17, 09:32
Thank you Fishmanpa and Aiden you are so kind to reply. It helps which is why we are on this site.
NancyW I desperately want to believe my Dr etc. The Mri was 2014 so a while ago. The reasons I dont totally believe is because I have HEALTH ANXIETY .

Fishmanpa
24-02-17, 12:49
The reasons I dont totally believe is because I have HEALTH ANXIETY .

So the question that follows that statement. What are you doing to treat the illness you do have?

Positive thoughts

Sixpack
24-02-17, 13:11
So the question that follows that statement. What are you doing to treat the illness you do have?

Positive thoughts

Precisely. Treat the illness you have and it won't have a strangle hold on you and life would be sunnier

KeeKee
24-02-17, 14:24
Many thanks everyone. I have had cbt, also tried acupuncture helps some and now hypnosis. So I am trying to be pro active. What I did not share was that I had breast cancer early stage 4 years ago. I did not share this I dont want to worry others with the same fears. Consequentially., every pain, ache etc means mets to me. Hence, all the tests I had to rule anything out, none instigated by my drs, all by me and paid for privately. After 3 cts last year 1 chest abdo pelvis, 3 just abdo and pelvis I do not want more tests but worry the sept. Ct with contrast of chest was too long ago and something has come since. I did have this prior to that though. Have asked breast team many times for help but they just concentrate on the cancer and if you are stage 1 and your mamos are fine the anxiety is not a priority and I do understand that as our nhs is struggling. This is why I turn here for reassurance really and advice.
Many thanks again
Maria

I have a relative who had stage 1 breast cancer 2 years ago and they now have mild health anxiety. Like you, pains cause them to worry about met but remember the treatment from cancer (assuming you had chemo and radio like my relative) can cause bone pain, which can last years.