PDA

View Full Version : Hiya everyone, im new here

donna040572
20-04-07, 19:45
Hiya,
Im a 34yr old mental health nurse who untill my daughter turned 14 had good "mental health"...joy of adolescent daughters, they dont tell you this at ante-natal!! However latley i have been having mild panic attacks, but on tuesday ended up with the emergency services at my home as i honestly thought that i was going to die! I did'nt thankfully but decided enough is enough i need to nip this in the bud before it starts to completley control my life. It has even affected my work as i work in a secure environment, i have had to be taken home on 3 occasions by my boss as i have felt claustraphobic. I was given propanalol and diazepam...the diazepam i refused (have seen the devastating effects of addiction to others on this drug). I have an appointment next week and am going to ask for sertraline..after doing some research read that it works well.
Would like to hear from anyone about medication and therapies.. Live in the north of scotland and there is not much in our community regarding this.
So Hi everyone and thanks for reading this...such a relief to get this off my chest..i was so embarrased on tuesday..felt totally out of control.
Thanks,
Donna

tnt808
20-04-07, 19:49
Welcome to the site Donna...there's loads of support here for you!

honeybee3939
20-04-07, 19:54
Hi Donna

And welcome to NMP, its lovely too see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:)

Theres lots of information also on the Symptoms, How to cope and First Step links which are sitttuated at the left hand side of this page.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

jo61
20-04-07, 21:12
Hi Donna, you're very welcome here. Don't be embarassed. It's horrible when it happens but you'll get lots of support on this forum.
:hugs:

manmoor
20-04-07, 21:26
Hi Donna,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

mingsy
20-04-07, 21:56
Hi Donna
Welcome, hope you find this site as usefull and supportive as I have.
I too have the joys of adolesance, 2 daughters 13 and 17, and your right nobody tells you of the "joy" they bring LOL.
I have suffered anxiety which brought on depression for the last 12 months but I am glad to say with the help of seroxat, CBT and most of all this site and am well on the way to recovery. Feel free to PM anytime.
Don't be embarassed it can happen to anyone

groovygranny
20-04-07, 22:09
Hello Donna! Big :welcome:to you!

You've come to the right place for help and support!

I have three daughters - 29, 26 and 22 - believe me it'll get worse before it gets better and be warned....... adolescence lasts forever !!:ohmy::winks:

Citalopram did it for me.

Swap notes any time!!

jodie
20-04-07, 22:56
hi donna

:welcome:

this is a fab site you will get lots of help as people have sead :yesyes:

jodie xx

trac67
21-04-07, 00:24
Hi Donna,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

SANDYJANE
21-04-07, 12:18
big welcome ,

love sandy xx

Pink Princess
21-04-07, 12:37
hi donna, welcome to the site. hope to speak soon and hope you are well. take kare xxx

nomorepanic
21-04-07, 18:43
Hi Donna

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Southern_Belle
22-04-07, 15:42
Hi Donna,

Welcome to the NMP forum. Why don't you ask your question under medication and/or therapies? Many have been on the medication you have described. Good luck.

Laura