PDA

View Full Version : This back pain is driving me insane!!!!

Kay8010
23-02-17, 18:37
So went back to the GP on Monday, she said its muscular! This pain is crushing me. My spine hurts if that sense and im now getting what I can only describe as trapped gas chest pains, I cant believe this is muscular with such pain.

I need someone to talk to, its so sore. Im afraid its a tumor from my lung pressing on my spine inducing or pressing on my nerves.

Fishmanpa
23-02-17, 18:39
Sorry you're still worried. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Positive thoughts

Kay8010
23-02-17, 19:41
Petrified is not the word. But thanks

Gary A
23-02-17, 20:35
So went back to the GP on Monday, she said its muscular! This pain is crushing me. My spine hurts if that sense and im now getting what I can only describe as trapped gas chest pains, I cant believe this is muscular with such pain.

I need someone to talk to, its so sore. Im afraid its a tumor from my lung pressing on my spine inducing or pressing on my nerves.

Muscular pain is some of the most intense pain you can feel. Have you ever had your calf just randomly tighten up when you're laying down? The pains excruciating.

Kay8010
24-02-17, 08:58
Muscular pain is some of the most intense pain you can feel. Have you ever had your calf just randomly tighten up when you're laying down? The pains excruciating.

I have had cramps in my calf and yes it is pretty sore but then it goes. This back pain is just peeing me off now......

pulisa
24-02-17, 09:04
You've been back to the GP many times. Don't be "petrified", just accept it as muscular pain?

swajj
24-02-17, 09:08
It won't go away until you can relax your muscles. Progressive muscle relaxation is great for this. I had a very painful shoulder years ago when I first developed HA. It lasted for weeks and I was convinced that any pain that bad 24/7 had to be cancer. I even walked around with my arm in a sling for a week! So ridiculous. At one of my psych sessions the psychiatrist taught me to do progressive muscle relaxation. He talked me through it and immediately felt the pain lessen. I went home and did it for 2 more nights and the pain disappeared.

Kathryn313
24-02-17, 21:05
Have you considered a massage therapist?

Kay8010
25-02-17, 10:07
I havent considered anything yet other than lung cancer its totally debilitating me right now. Ive checked my blood test results from Dec 2016 against ones taken throught all of last year too and seems my white bloods cell count has been rising with every test so that freaking me out now as well telling me my body is fighting this! Im so scared

Bakebeansrule
25-02-17, 10:47
Sounds Silly but have you tried a hot water bottle? I find that really helps when I have muscle pain. Hot water bottle, 2 paracetamol and watch something daft on tv! If it is muscular it won't get better until you relax it same way a scab won't get better if its picked

pulisa
25-02-17, 11:42
I havent considered anything yet other than lung cancer its totally debilitating me right now. Ive checked my blood test results from Dec 2016 against ones taken throught all of last year too and seems my white bloods cell count has been rising with every test so that freaking me out now as well telling me my body is fighting this! Im so scared

On Caribou's "cancer" thread you very sensibly advised against checking blood test levels because you were aware of what happens to people with HA when they look at these things. They freak out.

Why not consider hot water bottle therapy? Quick, cheap and no waiting list?

Kay8010
25-02-17, 15:15
I should take my own advice! I know. Its just alarming thats all

MyNameIsTerry
25-02-17, 17:54
It won't go away until you can relax your muscles. Progressive muscle relaxation is great for this. I had a very painful shoulder years ago when I first developed HA. It lasted for weeks and I was convinced that any pain that bad 24/7 had to be cancer. I even walked around with my arm in a sling for a week! So ridiculous. At one of my psych sessions the psychiatrist taught me to do progressive muscle relaxation. He talked me through it and immediately felt the pain lessen. I went home and did it for 2 more nights and the pain disappeared.

I second what swajj says.

PMR has been around since the 1920's and they still use it now so it must be helpful.

Here is a worksheet that matches the one my therapist gave me:

http://psychologytools.com/progressive-muscle-relaxation.html

Do you sit down a lot? Sleep a lot? I've found this makes my muscular issues worse and light exercise really can help. We were built to be moving.

Kay8010
27-02-17, 23:12
Ive never had something so annoying before like this back ache!!! Im going back on Friday to the GP! Must be something in my lung!! Surely!! Muscular cant continue for so long!!

PASchoolSyndrome
27-02-17, 23:33
Musculoskeletal problems can actually continue for your entire life, without proper modifications.

MyNameIsTerry
28-02-17, 05:20
Musculoskeletal problems can actually continue for your entire life, without proper modifications.

Yep, and when one area is affected we often compensate and cause more. Anyone with one leg shorter than the other knows the importance of correcting that to prevent problems.

I never has muscular tension until I went on my current med. It can make you feel like an old man. I've had many days shuffling around the house like Ozzy Osborne!

Catherine S
28-02-17, 07:30
It's certainly true that compensating for a pain in one part of the body can cause pain in another part. I have problems with one of my knees which flares up regularly, but because it makes me walk awkwardly I end up with the muscles in my lower back being strained, and those muscles need strengthening really to enable them to take the strain of the extra pressure and tension I put them through.

Muscle tension can be really painful and long lasting but relief could come in the form of good posture, massage and applied heat etc. As the saying goes...if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. I hope you get some relief soon.

ISB x

Kay8010
28-02-17, 09:01
I started new medication mid January and read side effects are muscle aches reported by quite a few people, could this be the cause however one would think it would have caused issues when I first started taking it. I will speak with the GP on Friday and get this bloody resolved, doing my head in now!

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

I hope you get some relief soon.

ISB x

Thank you