PDA

View Full Version : anxiety about nose pain

zhxujiale
23-02-17, 18:38
I have been experiencing a brief nose pain on the left side of my nose for 2 months. Each time the pain just lasted for about 1 second and usually just occurred once in a day. I have seen a ENT doctor and was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis and turbinate hypertrophy. I guess I have enlarged turbinate on my left side. Any one has similar experience?

Fishmanpa
23-02-17, 18:42
Wow... a 1 second burst of pain once a day? That's it? I wish I could experience the pain I feel once a day for just one second!

Count yourself VERY fortunate :)

Positive thoughts

zhxujiale
23-02-17, 18:47
I am worried about it because the doctor didn't find the cause of the pain. In the beginning, I had the pain only once in a few days, but now it seems to become slightly more frequent.

Fishmanpa
23-02-17, 18:52
I am worried about it because the doctor didn't find the cause of the pain. In the beginning, I had the pain only once in a few days, but now it seems to become slightly more frequent.

With respect, indeed he did find the reason and again, with respect, a one second twinge of pain once a day is so inconsequential as to not even be considered anything at all. Think about it.... if you hit your funny bone, bite your tongue, stub your toe etc. it hurts more and longer!

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

zhxujiale
23-02-17, 18:59
With respect, indeed he did find the reason and again, with respect, 1 one second twinge of pain once a day is so inconsequential as to not even be considered anything at all. Think about it.... if you hit your funny bone, bite your tongue, stub your toe etc. it hurts more and longer!

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Thanks for your reply, it makes me relaxed a little bit. To be honest, I did the awful googling stuff and it pointed to trigeminal neuralgia (TN), though my symptom is much less intense than what it describes for TN.

Sixpack
23-02-17, 19:26
I have had TN. Atleast my bro in law.said it was that when. I described the pain... Um,,, no your brief pain. Was not that.

Gary A
23-02-17, 20:41
Thanks for your reply, it makes me relaxed a little bit. To be honest, I did the awful googling stuff and it pointed to trigeminal neuralgia (TN), though my symptom is much less intense than what it describes for TN.

So the description of TN symptoms doesn't match up to what you're experiencing, so why the concern?

zhxujiale
23-02-17, 21:01
So the description of TN symptoms doesn't match up to what you're experiencing, so why the concern?

Not sure whether this could be the early sign of TN.

Fishmanpa
23-02-17, 21:07
Not sure whether this could be the early sign of TN.

No, but it's actually a sign of advanced health anxiety ;) What are you doing to treat that?

Positive thoughts