PDA

View Full Version : So are you guys saying any tumor that causes symptoms will show up on any MRI?

Jennabarker
23-02-17, 23:19
:/

Sixpack
23-02-17, 23:22
You just posted this on. Your. Other. Thread

And as I posted to you before

I was not going to even mention this because, well your anxious mind will just search for a way to negate this info. As this is what anxious minds do. However... Back in summer of 2008 my sister was dx'd with a large meningioma. This is a, usually, benign tumor of the meninges. Meninges is the covering of the brain. Meningioma effects the brain in the same kinds ways a tumor within the brain does.... Any ole way the neurosurgeon--CHIEF surgeon of the department of Hermann Hospital. (A top notch hospital in Houston, Texas) talked to us about how brain tumors behave and how they are dx'd etc... I will relay the info pertinent to your current questions....

**Brain tumors will grow unnoticed by the brain for a good while. In fact a brain will accommodate the interloper UNTIL it starts to impede brain function. Once large enough to impede function of the brain, the person begins having signs (signs are what doctors can see objectively) that something is awry.**

From that you can surmise--- any potential tumor missed by an MRI because it toooo minute for an MRI to detect could not possibly be impeding brain function. If it is not impeding brain function, then how could you have symptoms?

Gary A
23-02-17, 23:22
If you're referring to a brain tumour, yes. Anything large enough to produce symptoms would be easily visible.

You don't have a brain tumour, you had a clear MRI. Let it go.

Sixpack
23-02-17, 23:26
Take your medication... Titrate it up over a period of a few weeks to a therapeutic level, seek therapy, quit googling, quit seeking reassurance, start doing positive things to keep you from ruminating on illnesses that you do not have. Over time and with effort, your anxious thinking will stop having a strangle hold on you.

Fishmanpa
23-02-17, 23:31
Great advice as on the. other. thread. The anxiety dragon is singing really loudly "lalalalalalalala.......".. Hopefully the OP will hear the great advice above the din of anxiety and actually hear it.

Good luck Jenna....

Positive thoughts

ww1399
24-02-17, 02:11
Brain tumor? Yes.

Many other tumors can be microscopic but create horrible symptoms though this is very rare. But a brain tumor that's causing symptoms would show up on scans.

GlassPinata
24-02-17, 02:13
This is a bit off-topic, but I recently read that up to 10% of people have small, benign brain tumors. These are an incidental finding, when they are autopsied after having died of other, unrelated causes.
I had no idea they were so common until i read that (which may not even be accurate, for all I know).