PDA

View Full Version : Went to ER twice in one day

Ethansmom
24-02-17, 01:35
So the title is exactly what it sounds like. I woke up the other day with a racing heart, stupidly had some coffee, and it started to get worried because my heart was racing so fast. It then spiraled. I had waking up that morning very anxious and shaky. I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room and the EKG and chest xray was normal
Why do I think I have a heart condition? My 24 hour Holter monitor was perfectly fine, my echocardiogram was fine, all blood tests are normal, yet I am still experiencing these symptoms. I am now getting a 30 day event monitor so that I can capture one of these episodes to see if it's SVT. Can anyone relate to what I'm going through? I then went back later on that evening because I was getting terrible PVCs one after another. It felt like a fish flopping around in my chest and freaked me out. The doctor said PVCs are benign. If they are , why do they feeling so scary??? I am meeting with a psychiatrist this week to discuss more medication options

Fishmanpa
24-02-17, 01:45
I am meeting with a psychiatrist this week to discuss more medication options

That's a $2500 positive step :)

Positive thoughts

Ethansmom
24-02-17, 01:52
:-)

Hypomean
24-02-17, 02:01
At my worst with heart fears I went 4 times in the span of 5 days to the hospital with urgent care visits in between those ���� all for not the initial visit I got a CT of the heart, followed by a 15 day monitor but I only did five I got a reaction to the sticky gel like thing on the pads. Followed by ultrasound of the heart all came back normal to perfectly healthy. And yet here I am today having had a "heart attack" panic attack last night and all day today anxiety that leaves me shaky and heart pounding with every lil thing I do :( I hope you get the help you need :)

Charlie1108
24-02-17, 11:40
Last night was my 4th time in one week of rushing to a and e. Exactly the same symptoms as you ethansmom. They are giving me an echo at some point over next week which is causing me even me even more anxiety as I'm convinced they'll find something. I get every heart symptom there is. Been to my gp this morning where I completely broke down. She's adamant this is anxiety due to my 16 ECGs. I spent a couple of hours on monitor last night with pvc after pvc which they are also saying is benign. I'm just so convinced they'll tell me when I have the echo that I have structural issues. Even more of a fear is that if they tel me all is ok (which I highly doubt) I still won't get over this heart issue x

SLA
24-02-17, 11:44
woke up the other day with a racing heart, stupidly had some coffee

Seriously, just quit the coffee.

Anyone who has a serious anxiety problem and continues to knock back coffee is shooting themselves in the foot.

Imagine trying to land a hot-air balloon while you are blasting hot air into the canopy.

You'd never come down.

ServerError
24-02-17, 12:18
You have a heart problem insofar as your anxiety disorder is causing it to skip/palpitate etc. Tackle your anxiety disorder and you'll see an improvement in physical symptoms. It's that simple, and it's good to see you taking a positive step.

One way or another, you need to accept these sensations, although uncomfortable, are not harmful. Lose the fear and you'll stop feeding it.