PDA

View Full Version : Space between themes

beatroon
24-02-17, 10:42
Isn't it nice when you get a bit off time off before the next 'theme' arrives? Can feel my mind flailing about for the next obsession but it's just good to see the sunshine peeping over the edge of the trench x

Clydesdale Epona
24-02-17, 11:35
I get what you mean I've been free for about a week now, as scary as it can be waiting for "the next theme" its nice to enjoy it, these days I like to believe almost everything is inevitable so I'm starting to care less and less(not in a bad way :roflmao:) x

All the best :hugs:

beatroon
24-02-17, 13:04
That's good Aiden. As you say it's so nice to have some down time, and even if we know it'll come back in another form eventually, we're prepared! :)

MyNameIsTerry
24-02-17, 16:37
I've seen many people experience these lulls and then get caught out when their OCD jumps theme.

Mine was consistent across a range of themes in a daily basis. I didn't switch between themes. I've known some that only have one big one that stays daily.

I find my primary condition, GAD, leads the way in spiking my OCD though. I know others who had the same.

In my lulls, where the GAD reduced, I would use this time to work on things I just couldn't at the bad times. I found if I could create a routine, I would be more likely to grit my teeth and bare it through the bad times.