PDA

View Full Version : Feel like my life is over.

lifeofbrian
24-02-17, 13:53
I can't stop thinking about dying and can't get away from the constant bombardment of physical symptoms. At 44 I feel physically like I'm at the end of my life, I feel weak, I feel like I can't breathe properly, I can't focus my eyes and I'm always dizzy, not to mention all the chest and back pains. Sometimes I wish I would die because this so called life is just too hard, I just don't see anyway out of it.

:blush:

beatroon
24-02-17, 14:11
Hugs brian. It will get better. I know everyone always says that, but it is a question of hanging on in there until it does. I feel for you but you will find a way out.

Phuzella
24-02-17, 17:39
If you feel that bad the only way is up. Would getting out for a walk make you feel worse?

Alexldn89
25-02-17, 11:20
I can tell you .. it does get better but I'm exactly like you..
My anxiety actually surrounds death or being unwell that could cause my death.. and it's weird because I can drive a car and not think about a crash and I can walk down the street and not think about being hit but when I have time to think any little feeling I feel becomes a "oh I've not felt that before, is that normal, something's wrong" and then it's there just sitting in my mind ..
I think about it constantly. I am always risk assessing things also. I take certain routes to places and check out where I'm going before I go ..
I haven't had a panic attack for about a month until this morning then suddenly .. I come over hot and think IM DYING
I'm dying .. I'm going to die any minute ..
it's awful .. it's always scary .. BUT so many of us feel like it
Your only 44, you have so much life ahead and it's natural to feel so low with anxiety etc it's a lot to deal with .. I've just started taking vitamin d3 and St. John's wort as I don't want to take anti depressants .. I also take loads of vitamins now and exercise more
If I don't exercise I get itchy and I cannot relax .. there's to much energy sitting in my body.
Honestly don't let it beat you! Make some changes in your life it's not easy at all I struggle all the time..
we've all been there or are still there
Direct message if you want to chat I'm sure we both think similarly

Bigboyuk
25-02-17, 11:33
Hey Brian I have been there my self you know couldn't see a way out apart from wanting to die, I knew the hole I dug my self was deep, but had to get out of this damn hole, I am now out of this hole and on the road to recovery :yesyes: You can too mate, just start to believe it :) Yeah I know Iam Guy but who cares I am sending you a big :bighug1:You will be just fine Cheers

GlassPinata
25-02-17, 14:37
I'm 44 also, and although i've always lived with anxiety, this past year or two it's gotten really bad, to the point that I never enjoy my life anymore.
I am really hoping something will turn around for me, and for all of us here. :(

Bigboyuk
25-02-17, 14:44
I'm 44 also, and although i've always lived with anxiety, this past year or two it's gotten really bad, to the point that I never enjoy my life anymore.
I am really hoping something will turn around for me, and for all of us here. :( Hey I too felt like this but you have to move on if you don't you will still be saying this 12 months on so what ever it takes for you to this, you have to do it for you :) I know you can do it GlassPinata :yesyes: Cheers

GlassPinata
25-02-17, 15:16
Hey I too felt like this but you have to move on if you don't you will still be saying this 12 months on so what ever it takes for you to this, you have to do it for you :) I know you can do it GlassPinata :yesyes: Cheers

Thank you for the encouragement.
I am in fact exploring the possibility of going back to school and eventually training for a new career. My son will start kindergarten next year at public school, and that will make things a little easier for me.
So far, contemplating these changes is only stressing me out more, but I know I have to do something to break out of this dismal rut. If you hate your life, change it. Right?

Thanks again.

Bigboyuk
25-02-17, 15:36
Thank you for the encouragement.
I am in fact exploring the possibility of going back to school and eventually training for a new career. My son will start kindergarten next year at public school, and that will make things a little easier for me.
So far, contemplating these changes is only stressing me out more, but I know I have to do something to break out of this dismal rut. If you hate your life, change it. Right?

Thanks again. You are welcome :) This is good so you have till next year to try and plan your direction ok! When I was contemplating changes in my life it too stressed my self even more nearly to the point I was thinking oh cant be bothered with the 'extra' stress rather have my normal levels of stress and I can just about get by on this, but no took the extra stress on and it's been worth the extra stress if that makes sense? You do and you can be guided there which is what I am hopefully doing :) Right :yesyes: Cheers

xBettyBoopx
25-02-17, 22:37
I can't stop thinking about dying and can't get away from the constant bombardment of physical symptoms. At 44 I feel physically like I'm at the end of my life, I feel weak, I feel like I can't breathe properly, I can't focus my eyes and I'm always dizzy, not to mention all the chest and back pains. Sometimes I wish I would die because this so called life is just too hard, I just don't see anyway out of it.

:blush:

I feel exactly the same and I am 59 years of age. I don't know what the answer is. For me now it's just basically getting through the day, such a waste. Sorry I have nothing to offer to help you. Just know that you are not alone in your thinking.

Bigboyuk
25-02-17, 23:27
I feel exactly the same and I am 59 years of age. I don't know what the answer is. For me now it's just basically getting through the day, such a waste. Sorry I have nothing to offer to help you. Just know that you are not alone in your thinking. Snap so DID I feel exactly the same as you had done for years then decided that's it I have had enough (even though you do get used to it!) and have to do something about it :) And I have!! Can I ask what have you tried to do about it, do you want things to change? Actually think you feel really lost at moment Cheers

Bike Rider
26-02-17, 11:19
Hi Brian. You dont mention if you have seen your GP or what meds you are on, if any.

lifeofbrian
28-02-17, 21:30
Thanks to all for the support. I visit the chat room here nearly every day, sometimes it can be a good distraction. Sometimes it makes me worse, as therapy often does. But some nice people on here, thanks all.:hugs:

No meds, was on Propranolol for a few years, not sure how much it helped if at all, all I know is it gave me a tight chest and palpitations, funny, because that's what it's supposed to stop. I tried Velafaxine but panicked hard on that. I've seen many GP's and just finished a course of CBT, and had a massive panic attack in my last session. Unfortunately I seem to be collecting things that make me anxious, and therapy became one of them. Things got real bad last year when I was kept in hospital for a few days because they were worried about my heart, which does have a defect, but they said it's nothing to worry about, clearly they don't know who they're dealing with lol. No one visited me, I just sat in the bed freaking out and feeling so alone and scared. Ever since then I've been a lot worse that my usual anxiety, and it only seems to be getting worse still, rather than fading gradually as it used to after a bad spell. 10 years of this every day, it's getting too much.

Hi Brian. You dont mention if you have seen your GP or what meds you are on, if any.