PDA

View Full Version : Walking!!

zippy
24-02-17, 15:44
I walked 1.5 miles 2 days ago and i was ok and today i have walked it again but i struggled today so now i am freaking out. I already think there is something wrong with my lung with having left back/shoulder pain for 4-5 months and some days the left side of my neck aches too and my breathing keeps feeling weird but my oxygen levels are ok, bloods ok and chest sounds clear!!

ServerError
24-02-17, 16:02
I run on a daily basis. Sometimes I run like the wind, sometimes I feel like I'm running through treacle and am about to die. It doesn't mean anything.

pulisa
24-02-17, 16:28
I walked 1.5 miles 2 days ago and i was ok and today i have walked it again but i struggled today so now i am freaking out. I already think there is something wrong with my lung with having left back/shoulder pain for 4-5 months and some days the left side of my neck aches too and my breathing keeps feeling weird but my oxygen levels are ok, bloods ok and chest sounds clear!!

No need to freak out. These things happen.

zippy
24-02-17, 17:10
I felt really breathless and felt like i was having to breath really hard.

KeeKee
24-02-17, 17:16
I feel like that every morning I go to the school. It is up a steep bank but I never used to get out of breath and I truly believe it's due to stress and/or anxiety.
I noticed that if I walked to the school with my daughters dad I was less out of breath than if I walked alone and I think it's due to the nerves due to the school run. When I go with my daughter I can't even hold a conversation with her.

When I'm extra stressed just loading the washing machine or getting my jeans on causes me to feel puffed out like I'd just ran up the stairs.

Not sure what causes it probably adrenaline.

pulisa
24-02-17, 17:21

Does the BWRT therapy help at all with these panicky thoughts and symptoms?

zippy
24-02-17, 17:48
No it hasn't worked yet.

swajj
24-02-17, 22:36
Are you wondering if you are getting breathless while you are running? Because that will do it. When I had HA and had to walk up stairs I would worry about getting breathless to the point that I avoided stairs whenever I could. After I recovered I could and do walk up 3 flights of stairs all week without feeling breathless. Thinking about your breathing will affect how you breathe. Also if there was a real problem with your breathing you wouldn't have managed that distance without collapsing on the ground.

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 ----------

Sorry I meant walking not running

PASchoolSyndrome
24-02-17, 22:51
I run on a daily basis. Sometimes I run like the wind, sometimes I feel like I'm running through treacle and am about to die. It doesn't mean anything.

:roflmao:

YEP.

bin tenn
25-02-17, 00:38
If this extent of walking is new for you, it's not surprising at all. Even for people who exercise on a daily basis, such as ServerError, experience those things sometimes. I do, too, when taking a good walk.

montys
25-02-17, 02:21

All of your symptoms sound like byproducts of anxiety. Stress causes your chest muscles to tighten, which can be painful, and our tendency as HA sufferers to hyper-analyze bodily sensations makes them more apparent.

Justanutter
26-02-17, 18:12
I have developed a walking fear because I get a feeling that I will collaborate de and can't go any further and chest aches even only half a mile so now avoid it. It's become a real phobia. Been told heart ok but I my from ecg so not convinced....supposed anxiety .....hmmnn

ServerError
26-02-17, 18:23
I have developed a walking fear because I get a feeling that I will collaborate de and can't go any further and chest aches even only half a mile so now avoid it. It's become a real phobia. Been told heart ok but I my from ecg so not convinced....supposed anxiety .....hmmnn

If you're not going to believe the doctors, you'll never believe anyone.

pulisa
26-02-17, 19:27

I'm not sure whether this post is terribly helpful for zippy?

Why do you think it's "supposed" anxiety? ECGs aren't deceptive whereas anxiety is.

Justanutter
27-02-17, 21:19
Pulisa, I was just joining in on the conversation as I felt similar to what Zippy was saying.....neither was KeeKee's response 'helpful' but neither was meant to be unhelpful.

There are enough threads on here where people have said that ECGs don't detect everything so that's why I doubt them. If someone told me 100% that they do then I wouldn't worry as much.