PDA

View Full Version : Hives

Bakebeansrule
24-02-17, 18:19
I've woken up this morning with a huge rash all over my stomach I had a cool bath and it went away. After work I noticed it has got worse again and was higher up my sides on my back and a little on my face. I called the Drs and spoke to a nurse who thinks it could be the tail end of a virus or an allergic reaction. She said to take some Piriton and let them know if I feel worse. The rash is settling down again now but my mouth is feeling very dry and tingley. I'm scared my throats going to swell and I won't be able to breath is this totally daft?

I've got a Drs appointment in 2 weeks and I'm going to ask to be referred for cbt I've been on a slow spiral since Xmas and I need to get a hold on this.

KeeKee
24-02-17, 18:47
I had a reaction to Penicillin some years ago, the hives were utterly horrendous and covered my whole body, I looked burnt. My fingertips peeled and everything. My face and lips swelled up too, yet no swollen throat, no dangerous reaction (although I would never take it again), if the rash has already started to settle down then I'd try not to worry. Serious reactions, from what I've read are very rare.

Bakebeansrule
24-02-17, 19:13
I had a reaction to Penicillin some years ago, the hives were utterly horrendous and covered my whole body, I looked burnt. My fingertips peeled and everything. My face and lips swelled up too, yet no swollen throat, no dangerous reaction (although I would never take it again), if the rash has already started to settle down then I'd try not to worry. Serious reactions, from what I've read are very rare.

Thank you for replying. I don't understand why the rash is moving upwards (it's just a bit bumpy now not red), that's what's scaring my about my throat and mouth I know what sounds silly. My mum has had many allergic reactions where her tongue has swollen in the middle of the night and the Drs don't know why. It worries me this might happen tonight after I go to sleep.

KeeKee
24-02-17, 19:43
I see what you mean, but I doubt it would continue to get worse.

Has the GP actually seen it? If not are you sure it's hives?

Bakebeansrule
25-02-17, 07:16
I couldn't see the dr and the nurse didn't want to see me she said what I was describing sounds exactly like hives , looks like big stinging nettle rash. It's hardly there this morning and I slept 11 hours straight (never happens) so maybe it is a virus I'm getting over. I'll take another Piriton today and hope it doesn't come back