PDA

View Full Version : First time on here really need some advice

Fee88
24-02-17, 21:01
I to suffer from sever health anxiety and have only just recently accepted the fact that this is what it is. I am literally terrified for my health. My uncle died of cancer 2 years ago age 46 and I think this is where it's started from. I'm 28 and have a gorgeous 6 month old baby and a super supportive partner. On the whole I have a really great life but one thing that is really starting to interfere with it is health anxiety. Every pain I feel is something life threatening and my main fear is cancer! I keep telling myself why worry about this as u can't control it but I just can't help myself. I've had a sore pain in the left side of my back for a really long time and have convinced myself Of lung cancer. I had X-rays etc about 2 years ago which were clear but went for another one this week and am awaiting the results (needless to say I'm a nervous wreck waiting) it's so horrible and really feel like it's starting to effect my life sad

Fishmanpa
24-02-17, 22:37
Hi Fee,

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it stops.

When you get the clear results... And I say "when" because I fully expect they will be, talk to your GP about getting some help with your anxiety. With a little one and a great partner in life, you owe it to them as well as yourself to get the anxiety dragon under control :)

Positive thoughts

Clydesdale Epona
24-02-17, 23:23
I agree with Fishman, try and get the anxiety dragon under control, go to your GP and see what they can offer you support wise x

All the best :hugs:

Fee88
25-02-17, 08:28
Thanks so much for your reply I spoke with gp when I was there and she has got me trying citropam. I think the main thing I'm struggling with is I'm genuinely in pain and I don't understand how just thoughts can physically make it this sore does that make sense?

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 ----------

Thanks so much for your reply I spoke with gp when I was there and she has got me trying citropam. I think the main thing I'm struggling with is I'm genuinely in pain and I don't understand how just thoughts can physically make it this sore does that make sense?

Charlie1108
25-02-17, 10:27
My first episode of HA was a few months after the birth of my first baby. I too had pain on the left hand side of my back. It was awful and I convinced myself of many cancers etc. Then my grandmother pointed out that I was carrying my son on my left side all the time plus the car seat etc. I switched sides and the pain calmed right down. Could it be as simple as this? Mine went on for almost s year I think until she mentioned it. Also, don't forget your organs all move back into place after having a baby, which can take a while x

Fee88
25-02-17, 16:12
What u r saying makes absolute sense but being honest I had this pain before I had my son. I've been having it on and off for the last 2 years but only recently it's gotten a lot worse. I absolutely agree with u that carrying car seat/baby does not help (I can think logical about it at times) but then my brain goes into overdrive with thinking about the what ifs? It's really starting to effect my day to day life and take over at times. It's literally the first thing I think about when I wake up and when I go to sleep. I then feel a pain somewhere else and thing oh god what if it's spread and it's all over my body! So so over reacting I know but I just can't help it! It's driving me mad. And before this I was never the kind of people son who would have something like this and never ever seen me being someone to suffer from this!

Charlie1108
25-02-17, 18:49
I know how you feel. I'm incredibly anxious about my heart from the moment I wake up til the moment I fall asleep