PDA

View Full Version : Heart Worries AGAIN Despite normal tests / scans

YorkiesWorld
25-02-17, 00:15
Hi guys,

I've been having heart worries again for the last few days.

I'll often get the odd fluttering feeling in my chest and maybe a skipped beat or quick succession of abnormal beats but I've had everything investigated multiple times over and over for the last few weeks, including:

24 Hour ECG which only shows normal sinus arrhythmia
Blood tests showing nothing abnormal at all
Several EGGs done by the hospital
Chest X-Ray showing no problems at all

Lately I've been getting sort of a warm feeling in my chest which is kind of like feeling I'm thirsty. It comes and goes but it's been worse lately.

The other night I had a random episode where I suddenly felt extremely cold and started shivering uncontrollably for around 2 - 3 minutes. This came with a slow heart beat which again, only lasted 2 - 3 minutes and then went away.

I also get a tingling or slightly numb feeling in my left hand sometimes.

I've been a cardiologist about 2 years ago and before that I also saw a different cardiologist who did an ultrasound of my heart which came back normal.

I'm really worried about this and wondered if anyone else has had the same or similar symptoms with health anxiety? Or is there something else that could be causing this?

I'm 23, Male, 5.3 feet tall and around 12.8 stones.

Thanks!

Clydesdale Epona
25-02-17, 00:25
I think this is classic Health anxiety, trust me when i tell you that it can make things seem really real, whenever you're struggling with it just remember all your ECGs and how they came back clear x

All the best :hugs:

bin tenn
25-02-17, 00:42
Left hand tingling/numbness is entirely unrelated, IMO. I often get that in my left hand, and sometimes an ache in my shoulder and/or elbow. For me, it basically boils down to being on a computer all day, as well as using my phone, which means my arm is often bent, which can lead to ulnar nerve compression - sort of like carpal tunnel but in the elbow. The nerve extends down to the hand, and when irritated it often causes a sensation of numbness and/or tingling in the hand.

Fishmanpa
25-02-17, 00:47
If you look at the very bottom of the page, you'll see threads that are similar to yours. Ironically, one of your own posts (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=194697) is listed ;)

Positive thoughts