PDA

View Full Version : Feel weird after panic attack

Brad10
25-02-17, 01:24
Hey guys just want to see if anyone can relate, I had a panic attack 2 and bit years ago and 2 days after I woke up feeling very weird like I wasn't me and it felt like I was on auto pilot, ever since then I've been getting intrusive thoughts and constantly obsessing about something wether it's cancer or something mental like schizophrenia, the auto pilot feeling went away now I just don't feel like I'm me and it's scarring me, I know I'm me it just doesn't feel like it, I've been to my doctor and psychiatrist and both said it's anxiety and it will pass but it's been 2 years and a bit and I still feel like it :(

GlassPinata
25-02-17, 02:11
I woke up feeling very weird like I wasn't me and it felt like I was on auto pilot...

Depersonalization. A common anxiety/ panic disorder symptom. look it up.

Best wishes.

Brad10
25-02-17, 02:23
Thank you it's been two years I've been trying to distract myself but still here my doctor said it has a lot to do with change I've had in the last couple of years and said it will go away soon, do you think it will go away ?

ana
25-02-17, 21:19
Please don't let it scare you if you continue having depersonalisation episodes on and off for a while as it is a common symptom many people, myself included, experience. Panic attacks are draining and awful, and they leave the person feeling shaken and in pieces. Obsessing over having a physical illness or a severe mental one is also very common. I'd all but imagined myself 6 feet under many a times!

Brad10
26-02-17, 00:42
Thank you! I just feel disconnected all the time and I can't accept that it is anxiety my worst fears are brain tumour, multiple personality disorder or schizophrenia-.-

ana
26-02-17, 08:54
I used to have the exact same fears (and still, on occasion, do) as yours, and I honestly do know what you're going through and can relate to you completely. Perhaps knowing that I've had this disorder for 16 and have not died (or developed schizophrenia) gives you some comfort. :)

Brad10
26-02-17, 15:15
Thank you !:) and yah I know there completely irrational and I know that

Citydeer
28-02-17, 13:08
I have been suffering depersonalisation too. For me it's something new and reading about it hasn't helped much because a lot of the symptoms are really extreme whereas for me I sort of just feel like I've lost concept of time or whst I've been doing and who I am. If you haven't had specific therapy for this before it might be an idea to go back, that is what I plan to do. I've also just started medication. Either way if it's been 2 years as you say and you're not getting better you should definitely go back to see someone to get some new advice about how you can move forwards. Good luck x

Brad10
28-02-17, 18:03
I am now thanks !! And yeah at least I know what caused it now so it kinda makes sense but I find it goes away when I'm worrying about something which is weird