PDA

View Full Version : Wife finally getting her colon checked...yay...and ack

lofwyr
25-02-17, 20:19
So my wife is the opposite of me, can't get her to a doctor for anything. For four or five weeks she has had persistent bowel and bathroom problems, ranging from pain when going to a feeling of fullness or incomplete movements.

All of which point to hemmeroids or piles, which she is known to have. She has pain too, and undiagnosed, but probably IBS (she had persistent bowel problems for the last 22 years since our first child was born, a mess ever since).

So, couple that with a suspected hernia, and she is FINALLY going to get checked out. I know I logically mentioned all the benign and treatable potential causes for the problems she has, but why....WHY can't someone with anxiety learn to just relax and take it as it comes, and not assume it is colon cancer, when there is actually nothing else pointing to colon cancer specifically, when it does point to all these other things.

I suspect she will get a colonoscopy and anwers will be had. Just venting, thanks for listening.

GlassPinata
25-02-17, 20:41
So my wife is the opposite of me, can't get her to a doctor for anything. For four or five weeks she has had persistent bowel and bathroom problems, ranging from pain when going to a feeling of fullness or incomplete movements.

All of which point to hemmeroids or piles, which she is known to have. She has pain too, and undiagnosed, but probably IBS (she had persistent bowel problems for the last 22 years since our first child was born, a mess ever since).

So, couple that with a suspected hernia, and she is FINALLY going to get checked out. I know I logically mentioned all the benign and treatable potential causes for the problems she has, but why....WHY can't someone with anxiety learn to just relax and take it as it comes, and not assume it is colon cancer, when there is actually nothing else pointing to colon cancer specifically, when it does point to all these other things.

I suspect she will get a colonoscopy and anwers will be had. Just venting, thanks for listening.

Well... good. That'll be a relief for you, then; you won't have to worry about this anymore.

Best wishes to you both!