PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone :)

Lashana83
26-02-17, 14:17
Hi all. My Name is Lashana, i am 33 years young and a mum of 4 girls from Northern Ireland.

I suffered from depression and anxiety for a bit after my second daughter was born 9 years ago, i became in control of it with the help of my GP and family, But this past year the anxiety has hit me with a bang, i have never felt anything like it before in my life and i think it is all because its health anxiety.. I never used to worry much when it came to dealing with medical issues or illness, now i worry about EVERYTHING!

Its been a tough year, my sister in law died from cancer in June 2016, she was only 30 and then in the July my dad was diagnosed with cancer, we lost him in the October! Seeing them both being so ill and caring for my dad through everything has made me so anxious about not only my health but my kids and partners.

I was admitted to hospital in December 2016 with Gallstones, had and MRCP, now have been referred to gastroenterologist and have an appointment for an ERCP.. I have myself convinced i have some kind of cancer, hoping that some of the posts on here help me out a bit.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to getting to know you all xx

venusbluejeans
26-02-17, 14:23
Hiya Lashana83 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Vanilla Sky
27-02-17, 18:33
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Lashana83
27-02-17, 20:55
Thank you for the welcome. x

Clydesdale Epona
28-02-17, 03:10
I'm sorry to hear you haven't had the greatest year either, I really hope things start to look up for you and I'm sure you'll find the forums really helpful :) x

All the best :hugs: