PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cancer fears

Prefuse76
26-02-17, 18:43
Hi All,

I am a huge HA sufferer and now I am freaking out I have ovarian cancer. I am almost 41 years old and have been have slightly irregular cycles for a few months now, but I have also been having pain in my lower right abdominal area, I'm thinking it is ovarian pain. I have also been having pain in my lower back, my hip, and if I bend my legs up into the fetal position it feels as though this is pressure as if something is there? I'm beside myself with worry, I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday where I will ask for a scan. I don't know how I am going to get through the next several days it is going to be torture. Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Sphincterclench
26-02-17, 19:54
Im no Dr and I have 0 expertise in this area but if you have to assume the fetal position that sounds more muscular/skeletal ?

PASchoolSyndrome
26-02-17, 20:21
Waiting for appointments is the worst. Best of luck to you lady. I hope the doctor is able to put any fears of yours at rest - either with the scan or sound medical expertise!

Wednesday isn't that far away! Is there a friend/loved on that you can spend some fun time with?

Prefuse76
26-02-17, 22:26
Hi, Yes I have my husband and children with me. I'm just trying to get through each day at a time, once I get the scan ordered then there is the dreaded waiting for that also, It does nothing for us anxiety sufferers hey?

PASchoolSyndrome
26-02-17, 22:39
It's a lot of time for the mind to wander! Maybe plan some fun things with the husband and kiddos if you can - like a movie night! Anything to help your mind from circling over things until your doctor can hopefully give you peace of mind.