PDA

View Full Version : Scared of sepsis... My new piercings keep getting bumps

Alpha
26-02-17, 20:03
So I got 5 ear cartilage piercings done in November... I got sick with tonsillitis one week later and since then I havent been feeling well... before this I was pretty much anxiety free for the first time in years... Long story short being sick made my sciatica worse somehow and for months I thought it was a blood clot, I thought I got sick because of possible HIV infection so yeah many thing on my mind at the same time... In the mean time my piercings started to get these bumps, first only on one but soon they appeared on them all, I went to the piercer who said it wasnt infection and that I was just having difficulty healing them because I slept on them (which was true) this was last month so two months after I done them, so I thought they were healed already. The bumps disappeared with a ointment she told me to use, then they came back and we tried a different one, which made them go away for once... Until today, that I just noticed the bump came back in one of the piercings :( When I was talking to the piercer last month she imediatly asked me if i was stressed or anxious, when I said yes she told me its extremely common that stressed people have a harder time during the healing process... But I've been feeling better so I don't know why it came back now... I'm starting to worry it really is infection and I'm super terrified of sepsis, I don't know why I've been feeling so weird since I got sick in november, I feel like I'm always tembling or pulsating, my hands are always shaking and I have many muscle twitches, I feel off all the time... Now I'm thinking that this all is because of the piercings even though I don't know how the piercings would affect that :/

I just cleaned my piercings and the new bump, now my face and ears feel hot, I'm getting really scared... I never had problems with piercings before and I used to do them with piercing guns.. Now that I've done them the right way this happens.. :weep: it's been almost four months, they should be healed already...

PASchoolSyndrome
26-02-17, 20:15
Stop. You will not get sepsis. You might get an infection, however, so you should clean them out with approved soap and some sea salt.

The bumps are when the piercing isn't healing correctly. I get them on my nose because I keep knocking it when I wash my face.

Tea tree oil really helps me with my piercing bumps. You can get it at any drug store in the vitamin isle.

Alpha
26-02-17, 22:42
Sorry... that's my fear, of them getting infected and the infection becoming sepsis.
I've been cleaning them everyday with the recommended soap and salt water. However I move too much when I sleep and I have really long and messy hair, very wavy which is always getting stuck in the piercings. There really isn't a way to fix this so I'm just waiting for them to heal but it's been 4 months already :( I'm specially worried because it's taking too long

AntsyVee
26-02-17, 22:44
Those cartilage piercings take A LONG TIME to heal properly. The white bumps are normal. Don't worry about it. I have several as well, and I've never gotten sepsis.

PASchoolSyndrome
26-02-17, 22:59
Don't be sorry! We all have things we fear but trust me, you won't get septic from your cartilage piercing as your described it.

As above poster said, they they a long time to properly heal because there is not a good blood supply. Just keep washing them and try not to get them caught in your hair, maybe wear your hair up when you sleep. Unfortunately piercings in that area can become quite a nuisance during sleep!

Like I said look into tea tree oil! It clears my nose up when I get it snagged and a little white bump forms!

Catherine S
27-02-17, 00:32
I've had my ears pierced since I was 15 and am now in my 60s and my ear lobes have always been a bit lumpy around the piercings. Nothing noticeable in a mirror particularly, but I can still feel some small lumps there even now. The tea tree oil suggestion as above is a good one for new piercings.

ISB ☺

Alpha
27-02-17, 12:12
Thank you all for your answers! Actually the bumps I'm getting are not white or small (sometimes they do look white but I think its pus) they're usually red... Today I just noticed another appeared on other piercing :/ I really don't wanna bother my piercer with this anymote because it would be the third time I'd go there about the same thing... But I really thought they we're getting better finally...

I will look into tea tree oil though, thanks :)

PASchoolSyndrome
27-02-17, 12:37
If it's a keloid, which sometimes forms and is very common in the cartilage, the tea tree oil should help! Don't worry about bothering your piercer, because yes sometimes they can get nasty - but yes like we said it does take months!

Miznuvem0412
28-02-17, 16:23
I got a bump in my nose piercing messsed it up while sleeping. It's totaling normal I use salt& water solution and it helped