PDA

View Full Version : My heart hates me

Ihavelostmymarbles
27-02-17, 12:45
I just want a normal heart. There's no reason why my heart should be beating so fast just from walking. I'm so scared right now because I have things that I HAVE to do right now. Instead, all I want to do is lay down so my heart stops beating so fast. Only a few more days and then I'll see the cardiologist. Hopefully I'm okay until then. The things we take for granted...

Fishmanpa
27-02-17, 12:55
The things we take for granted...

It's interesting you say that. Just my opinion but I think all is well with your heart and if indeed you have an increase in your heart rate it's due to your anxiety or perhaps some other benign issue.

The reason I said your statement is interesting is that in reality you, as well as most here do just the opposite. Most are hyper-focused on the vital components of the human body to the point of obsession. Being a survivor of cancer and real heart issues, I WISH I had all the clear results people have here. When you actually stare death in the face, it gives you a new perspective on things. In a rather convoluted way, many here have that perspective already.

Again, I'm sure all will be well. It sounds like you're being well looked after by the medical professionals.

Positive thoughts

Charlie1108
27-02-17, 13:41
I'm exactly the same. Seeing cardiologist on weds and scared I won't make it to see him/her. My heart is going berserk from getting myself ready

Gary A
27-02-17, 13:47
Your heart is supposed to speed up when you're active. The body needs more blood in certain areas depending on your activity and the heart speeds up to cope.

I would wager that both of you are feeling the normal speeding up of the heart due to activity, you're being scared by this, and this in turn is causing the heart to beat even more rapidly. Again, fear will make your body release stress hormones, which trigger the heart into speeding up to deal with a perceived threat.

Ihavelostmymarbles
27-02-17, 13:52
I appreciate your response. I'm sorry that you've had so many issues to deal with, and hopefully that's the extent of what you'll have to deal with in your lifetime.

I'll be honest, I wasn't as concerned with this until my new OB seemed concerned. She mentioned that I should work out but don't let my heart rate get over 140, and I kind of laughed at that and said that my heart rate is sometimes that or more just walking. My logical mind thinks--it's just pregnancy hormones because every pregnancy I've had has made my heart crazy. It definitely gets worse as I age and each pregnancy is harder, but just knowing that someone else is concerned concerns me.

I hate being high risk, but I've learned that being anxious about it isn't changing it. That doesn't stop me from being anxious though. I'm just aware that the anxiety does more harm than good.

hbug2416
28-02-17, 02:42
I'm feeling the same exact way right now. Cardio fears have been dominating my life for years. Earlier I was out to dinner with my husband. Went up to go to the bathroom, and in the walk there and back, my heart was POUNDING and my upper back felt tight. Now I'm sitting here yawning constantly to try to get a full breath. Does it ever end?

Catherine S
28-02-17, 04:26
Your heart doesn't hate you, it's more likely that you hate your heart just now. But remember that whatever state your mind is in is reflected in your body, mostly your nervous system. So your fear is producing adrenaline constantly and this is irritating your heart. Its just doing what its designed to do given all that adrenaline bombing around. It might be a bit angry with you but it doesn't hate you :)

ISB x

Ihavelostmymarbles
28-02-17, 14:36
I'm just frustrated because it keeps happening. My heart is beating so fast at times that I'm gagging (not by choice--it's happening on its own) to get it to slow down. I probably won't make it through this pregnancy if my heart is having to work this hard.