PDA

View Full Version : Left side of face numbness and tingling

Radzaarty
27-02-17, 17:48
Hey all,

So just first off I'd like to say I've already been to the emergency department to get checked out as I know it can be potentially serious.

So I my face started getting slightly numb and tingly on my left side. It's not a full numbness, I can still feel sensations. But it's like it's numbed down somehwhat. I noticed it will get better and worse and seems to do so with how much focus is on it. But it never quite fully goes away. It's been around for a day and a bit so far. Mostly seems to be under the cheek bone to just under the jaw bone. I went to the ed and they did all the physical tests (ie the doc making sure you can track and feel where stuff is being moved and walk properly etc. No scans. He also asked his boss who agreed it wasn't a stroke given my age etc (20 turning 21)

I've got a doctor's appointment to follow it up, but I was just looking for some reassurance until that happens. See if anyone else has had a similar situation etc.

Many thanks!

beatroon
27-02-17, 18:09
Hi there, I'm not a doctor obv and I'm glad you are getting checked out, but I thought I would say that my friend who is very stressed at the moment keeps getting her face go numb through anxiety. Also, things that wax and wane according to focus do tend to be anxiety stuff. Good luck with the docs though, let us know how it goes!

Radzaarty
28-02-17, 07:49
Just got back from the docs, he's given me the all clear as well. Given how it is and my age I'm all good! Plus it's basically stopped and gone away.

Also thanks for replying beatroon! c:
Helped me keep calmer and sleep

beatroon
28-02-17, 11:22
You're so welcome, thanks for letting us know how you got on.

ElectricAlice
03-03-17, 12:37
I get this too! Had it on and off for almost 5 years. Gets worse with stress it's a horrible sensation!

Charlie1108
03-03-17, 13:01
I get this when going through episodes of anxiety

montys
04-03-17, 06:00
I'm glad it turned out okay :) I got this too once, and it was very scary. I guess anxiety really knows how to screw with us.