PDA

View Full Version : Racing heart after eatin

mrsdmilkman
27-02-17, 21:53
Does anyone have a high heart rate after eating? It can be just a small meal. Mainly carbs..or fast food but my heart rate will go up to around 100-112 while sitting and pounds hard and fast. Usually happens 30 minutes to 1 hour after eating. Calms down usually an hour later.

nomorepanic
27-02-17, 21:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

ankietyjoe
27-02-17, 23:56
Yes, happens to me frequently.

I find it helps to eat a little bit more slowly, drink plenty of fluids with the meal and try sitting upright for an hour after eating (I used to lay on the sofa fairly often).

It's nothing to worry about.

GlassPinata
28-02-17, 00:04
Does anyone have a high heart rate after eating? It can be just a small meal. Mainly carbs..or fast food but my heart rate will go up to around 100-112 while sitting and pounds hard and fast. Usually happens 30 minutes to 1 hour after eating. Calms down usually an hour later.

Could be the salt. If I eat very salty foods, it raises my blood pressure.

Serphenia
28-02-17, 07:19
It's normal for your heart to speed up after eating. I'f you're already senstive or suffer from heart palpitations it might just feel worse