PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned or is it only in my head?

Ryank65
28-02-17, 01:48
I've recently been having bad anxiety about cancer especially leukemia or some other bad cancers. I'm 22 year old male and have had 3 abdominal x rays and 1 abdominal ct scan. Each were a year apart between ages 20-22. I also used to smoke cigarettes about a pack a month and smoked weed everyday. I quit about 6 months ago and am very concerned I have screwed myself and am worried about getting a bad cancer from being so stupid and the radiation from the scans. Also I recently have been having stomach problems with digestion and pain under my right rib cage. It's a dull pain that comes and goes and I have no other symptoms than that pain. Last I was at the Doctor a month ago and they did a full blood count and also tested my liver, thyroid, and pancreas and everything came back really good. Should I be concerned and see a doctor or is this all in my head?

Toaster
28-02-17, 01:59
Well leukemia is out. You had good complete blood counts.

You haven't had that many scans. Lung cancer doesn't happen at your age.

I have no idea what cancer you'd be worried about.

Clydesdale Epona
28-02-17, 02:59
It could be down to IBS, indigestion, acid reflux, a pulled muscle, ect.
but I don't see it being anything other than a non threatening issue especially as you had all those tests at the doctors x

GlassPinata
28-02-17, 04:08
Be proactive. Eat fruit and vegetables. Drink water. Take a vitamin. Go for a walk.
I don't think you're imagining your pain, but I think it is a benign pain caused by something intestinal- gas, IBS, whatever.
If the doctors did all those tests, then you truly have nothing to worry about.

montys
28-02-17, 08:30
It's definitely not in your head given you're feeling real pain, but if you're been cleared of all potential tumors only a month ago, you can rest assured that it's not cancer :)

Abdomen pain could be a bunch of things, including indigestion, heartburn, or simply a pulled muscle.

You said it "comes and goes," so it doesn't seem to be adversely affecting your life in anyway. Personally, I would follow the "two-week rule." If it doesn't go away on its own in that period of time, it's worth checking out.

I also second GlassPinata's answer re: changing diet and physical activity. Always helps.