PDA

View Full Version : im at an all time low

susie
28-02-17, 08:36
morning everyone im so down this morning and so very tired ,ive been on trazadone 50mg for 2 weeks now to help me sleep and for my anxiety my sleep is really bad 3 hours if im lucky and my anxiety is worse .i have seen my gp he said these drugs start to work after 4 to six weeks and i should carry on taking them he also said things will get worse before they get better hes a very good gp but im really strugling little sleep every night what should i do

MOchp
28-02-17, 15:24
I've always been under the impression that Trazadone works the same night you take it as it's been prescribed to me by my psych doctor to take 'as needed' for when I can't sleep. I take it and it helps me fall asleep about 30 minutes later. Are you able to make an appointment with a psychiatrist? This is the stuff they specialize in, so they'd have a good idea on what medicine would help you long term.

susie
28-02-17, 18:45
hi im seeing my psyciatrist on monday ,ive tried many other antidepresant but never got on with them ,i fall asleep fine but never stay asleep how long were you on them before you felt any better because its meant to help with my anxiety in the long term aswell

MOchp
28-02-17, 18:50
I've had them prescribed for a while but only take them as needed. They never really seem to help much with my anxiety though, they just make me tired, I have other meds for my anxiety. I'd be honest with your psychiatrist and see what she/he thinks may be better for long term or if you should just wait it out on the trazadone.