PDA

View Full Version : Doc has just increased dosage after 9 days at 10mg

Benjammin69
28-02-17, 13:36
Hi guys,

Just had a review and doctor has increased my dosage from 10mg to 20mg - I have only been on 10mg for 9 days so I'm a bit dubious about increasing so soon as I don't think I've given it enough time to 'kick in' or am I just delaying the inevitable?

ip
28-02-17, 15:02
Last time I was increased quickly from 10mg to 20mg .... wasn't too bad as I recall.

Benjammin69
28-02-17, 15:14
Suppose there's only one way to find out :-/

beatroon
28-02-17, 15:24
Well, I guess you are still in the 'zone' where the medication could be taking effect still and making you more anxious, but I would also say that once you are stabilised you will be able to review the precise dose, so the trick is to get you stabilised. 10mg is very low, some people say that 20mg is the minimum effective dose anyway. I would follow the doctor's advice for now and see how you feel in a month. Good luck!

MyNameIsTerry
28-02-17, 17:41
Your blood plasma would be stable just after a week. So, your GP can assess whether you are struggling with side effects and give you more time or get you up to the minimum therapeutic dosage.

Some people seem to get hit with the side effects more in week one, some in week two. If you've been ok on them, it's seems sensible to increase.

It's too soon for it to be truly working yet anyway. The additional Serotonin will be taking place but the down regulation takes longer.