PDA

View Full Version : Inhaled Nail Polish and Nailpolish Remover fumes.

Megan99
28-02-17, 16:37
I was using nail polish remover today and I breathed in the fumes. I feel really sleepy and strange now and I am freaking out about acetone poisoning or whatever. I hyperventilated immediately after and maybe that's why I feel light headed... but I'm not sure! Has this happened to anyone else?

silver_shoes
28-02-17, 16:40
Oh yes, it's a bit of a funky smell isn't it!! Certainly can make you feel a bit funny. I often wonder how the people who work in nail bars manage, I have on a number of occasions come out of having my nails done and my head has been spinning a bit! Also you will feel strange if you have been hyperventilating. Take some deep breaths and maybe get some fresh air - I am sure you will be Ok.

Miznuvem0412
28-02-17, 16:49
I hate the nail polish remover smell .

It does make you feel weird I tend to open be near my window when I use it lol

Clydesdale Epona
28-02-17, 16:51
I'm waay into painting my nails and do it once a week!
the fumes can make you feel dizzy, nauseous, and even give you the headache/migraine of a lifetime! just try and calm your breathing and get some fresh air or something x

All the best :hugs:

Catherine S
28-02-17, 16:59
I wear nail polish too and have tried the acetone /alcohol free removers but they're not as effective. I'm quite sensitive to breathing in this kind of thing including perfume and perfumed candles, some paints and air freshers etc. They stick to the back of my throat and give me a headache. With the polish remover I just open the bathroom window and put on the fan and it helps to dissapate the fumes. You haven't poisoned yourself, you'll be fine.

ISB ☺ x

Megan99
28-02-17, 17:06
Thanks for the replies everyone! I feel much less panicky now although I still feel a bit funny. I won't be painting my nails for a while now :roflmao:!

MyNameIsTerry
28-02-17, 17:26
It's the same when you decorate with paint, especially gloss. Just fumes. Sore throats, headaches, etc can happen but it's nothing.