PDA

View Full Version : Lumps under skin rib area?

Leslie735
28-02-17, 18:05
Does anyone else have lumps they can poke around in their ribcage area? Last night I was getting ready to go to bed when I felt a little pain in my rib area below my left breast. I massaged the area thinking it was muscle or something and felt a lump. I felt around more and noticed it does move then found a couple more in the area. I quickly felt the right side and found similar things. Does anyone else have these too?

bingjam
28-02-17, 18:48
I have a few of these.. they aren't on the rib cage, they are sort of inbetween... but can also move them around. Think they at just fatty lumps, iv3 had them as long as I can remember

Phuzella
28-02-17, 18:54
Yeah sounds like fatty lumps

NancyW
28-02-17, 19:14
Yes, I even had my dr take one out.. mine are lipomas. She shook it in front of me and said "see? it's even yellow like fat"

Toaster
28-02-17, 19:23
I get muscle knots like that.

Leslie735
28-02-17, 20:30
Yes, they are not on my ribs, on top of them like in the fat layer.

Thanks all I feel better!

NancyW
28-02-17, 21:41
Yes, they are not on my ribs, on top of them like in the fat layer.

Mine too :-)

Sphincterclench
28-02-17, 21:59
I get these too

I have a couple pretty big ones (lumpy) on the rib cage itself as well as just below it on the left side.

every so often I get a little pinch like sensation but aside from my focusing on it the ultrasound said nothing to see here move along.

Thelegend27
28-02-17, 21:59
Well it could be a number of things. For me i feel lump like thing's in my ribs its squishy and feels like it's the muscle and it's on every rib which means i am most likely rubbing the muscle and since its not being flexed that's why it feels squishy like. But for you i don't know because haven't felt yours. I do know you have lymph nodes in the rib area i think right below the arm pit so you may be feeling your nodes. I do not recommend googling it at all trust me im a hypochondriac and Google is my worst enemy. If it bothers you get a doctor to take a look most likely its nothing to be concerned with but having a doctor tell you that helps alot.

bin tenn
01-03-17, 00:25
Muscle knots and lipomas are common in the area, I believe. I have a few lipomas (guess that's what they are because I have some elsewhere) in the same place you mentioned.

emmalj0
01-03-17, 06:34
I have a cm sized lump under my left breast where my underwire sits so not in my breast but on my rib it's moves about when touched. Iv had ultrasound it can't b seen but g. P can feel it. Don't know what it is but iv had four years now. I still panic over it x

Leslie735
02-03-17, 18:45
Thank you all! I feel more relaxed. :)