PDA

View Full Version : Panicking re heart again...

Justanutter
28-02-17, 18:59
Scrubbing a potato to bake and cleaned round the sink and came over all weak and weird sensations down arms which turned into a horrible bodily feeling and then panicky feeling. Happened on Saturday when I was rushing to clean the sealant on the shower tray before I went out, almost a huge wave through body like a faint and then had to rush to loo.....did it a while back too when scrubbing out a roast pan....could blocked arteries do this ??! Surely this must be heart related, despite clear ECGs....can't do anything physical, terrified.....already got walking phobia, cant walk more than a few hundred meters before it feels like I will collapse as if whole body/chest area seizes up.

Terrified I will drop of heart attack or have to have a bypass....anyone else had this.

Always told everything is anxiety but if I went to Drs as a non anxiety person, surely alarm bells would be ringing??

Fishmanpa
28-02-17, 19:21
Can you explain to me how the activity of cleaning could induce symptoms that you associate with heart problems?

Positive thoughts

Justanutter
28-02-17, 19:40
Because 'faintness on exertion' is symptom of heart problem....

Fishmanpa
28-02-17, 19:51
You know I have heart disease. I get real symptoms from time to time from Angina. I can exert myself and occasionally I get symptoms.

I guess I just don't equate cleaning a potato or doing dishes exertion. Lifting weights, running, exercising intensely is exertion to me.

Regardless and with respect, your thinking is skewed and no, I don't believe a medical professional would equate this to anything sinister.

Positive thoughts

Justanutter
28-02-17, 20:05
That's a high level of exertion FMP?? Surely people with heart disease wouldn't be able to do anywhere near that? I just feel like an 70 year old with no stamina for anything apart from the basics and then when things like this happen, it feels like something sinister.

Fishmanpa
28-02-17, 20:09
That's a high level of exertion FMP?? Surely people with heart disease wouldn't be able to do anywhere near that? I just feel like an 70 year old with no stamina for anything apart from the basics and then when things like this happen, it feels like something sinister.

Weight training and intense cardio is high exertion to me and yes, I can exert myself pretty intensely with heart disease. My meds limit me to a degree but I manage and it's good for me. If I begin to feel pain, I just rest for a bit.

Anyway... I can see you're not in a great state of mind. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Justanutter
28-02-17, 20:42
Thanks FMP. You're right as usual :weep: