PDA

View Full Version : Amelanotic Melanoma

Loken11
28-02-17, 22:05
Hi all.

Anyone heard of this?

My H had a small red line the size of a finger nail or smaller with 3 or so small bumps within the line. The mark didn't go away for a few weeks so he went to the derm. The derm said he thought it was skin irritation and they could wait to see if it went away or biopsy, which is what the ended up doing.

At first I wasn't really concerned as it looked nothing like melanoma. Until I googled and found amelanotic kind!! Ugh. Now I'm panicking.

This isn't my first anxiety over a skin biopsy either.

Fishmanpa
28-02-17, 22:14
The second I saw the title I thought... "Dr. Google strikes again!" :doh:

No... never heard of it. I'm sure all will be well. Of the tens and tens of thousands of posts and fears I've read here, I know of "two" that actually had something going ion and both are fine.

Positive thoughts

Loken11
01-03-17, 00:19
The second I saw the title I thought... "Dr. Google strikes again!" :doh:

No... never heard of it. I'm sure all will be well. Of the tens and tens of thousands of posts and fears I've read here, I know of "two" that actually had something going ion and both are fine.

Positive thoughts

Lol Dr. Google has done it again!!!

Thank you for your reassurance!!

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Anyone want to Induldge me? Anyone know anything about skin exams and the use of a dermotascope? Do you think it's able to better pick up possible melanoma?:doh:

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Anyone want to induldge me? Anyone know anything about skin exams and the use of a dermotoscope? Can they pick up melanoma more so than a naked eye? :doh:

bin tenn
01-03-17, 00:23
Anyone know anything about skin exams and the use of a dermotascope? Do you think it's able to better pick up possible melanoma?

Yes, the dermatologist would know all about it. Surely they're open to questions. :) I hope everything turns out fine; certainly it will!

PASchoolSyndrome
01-03-17, 00:37

Thank you for your reassurance!!

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Anyone want to Induldge me? Anyone know anything about skin exams and the use of a dermotascope? Do you think it's able to better pick up possible melanoma?:doh:

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Anyone want to induldge me? Anyone know anything about skin exams and the use of a dermotoscope? Can they pick up melanoma more so than a naked eye? :doh:

Hi, yes I own a dermotoscope. Mine functions as a magnifier - so yes much better than naked eye.