PDA

View Full Version : Heart anxiety taking over my fun with alcohol

Kb97
01-03-17, 04:16
Hey guys,
If anyones read my previous posts they'll know I was taken into hospital last month with artial fibrillation showing up on the ambulance ecg and completely disappearing once i reached the hospital (i was in a panic attack and i do believe myself that the ecg was wrong). Anyway, I've been awaiting a heart monitor which I'm finally getting next week and it's been a tough time waiting for something I know will come back clear. Scares me because I know the symptoms won't stop after this and there's nothing that can be done apart from me going back on prozac (been off for a year and a half). I wrote this post in regards to my heart when drinking alcohol, I had a cocktail and half a beer tonight and my heart rate was 120-140 during most of the night. I only felt for it because I could feel it pounding, I had been playing in a tournament that increases my adrenaline so I would've blamed that but only this is happening everytime I'm drinking and I stop drinking over it because I'm petrified. Normally I know it's happening, I carry on drinking and ignore it but with the latest ecg scare I find myself not being able to do that anymore. Does anyone else have a high heart rate like this when drinking? I'm more worried that it's not a common thing as when I looked it up (I know I shouldn't have) I saw mixed responses:unsure:

MyNameIsTerry
01-03-17, 04:55
Threads about alcohol tend to attract people who can't tolerate alcohol with their anxiety. People who can, don't post saying "drank alcohol and I'm fine" so bare that in mind when you get responses.

I've seen people say it causes then palpitations the same night or in the hangover stage. It may even be anxiety alone for some as they notice a change in sensation and start to worry (I've had big problems with this myself).

Ultimately it's too individual and a matter of what is best for you at the moment. I couldn't tolerate many things when I was worse but I can when I'm better. So, I cut things out I can live without at bad stages, like alcohol.

Michelle356
01-03-17, 05:08
I also get a racing heart often time after having some drinks. It is worse when I am anxious. I have had all the heart tests possible and my heart is fine. My ECG is always abnormal...but that is MY normal apparently and is nothing the docs are concerned about. I have also cut back on drinking because I hate the feeling of my heart racing...and I used to really enjoy having a few drinks with our friends . Oh well....better for us in the long run I guess!

PASchoolSyndrome
01-03-17, 11:59
Well it's never a bad thing to not drink alcohol.