PDA

View Full Version : This is getting worse..

Kay8010
01-03-17, 09:09
Its me again I need support and people to talk to these symptoms are driving me to despair....

Now it feels like I am breathing through a cloth and feels like I need to take deep breathes all the time its freaking me out to the point I am crying and panicking, I climbed the stairs last night and I was totally out of breath, this is getting worryingly worse and worse...plus now I have started coughing during the night again.... my throat feels constricted and like an elastic band has been round it all night & all day! When I breathe it feels like my windpipe is burnt upon inhaling and everytime I inhale it sounds like I am constricted and something is blocking my throat!

I am seeing the GP again on Friday and explaining it to her but I am really concerned!

Gary A
01-03-17, 09:28
Its me again I need support and people to talk to these symptoms are driving me to despair....

Now it feels like I am breathing through a cloth and feels like I need to take deep breathes all the time its freaking me out to the point I am crying and panicking, I climbed the stairs last night and I was totally out of breath, this is getting worryingly worse and worse...plus now I have started coughing during the night again.... my throat feels constricted and like an elastic band has been round it all night & all day! When I breathe it feels like my windpipe is burnt upon inhaling and everytime I inhale it sounds like I am constricted and something is blocking my throat!

I am seeing the GP again on Friday and explaining it to her but I am really concerned!

Almost certainly air starvation brought on by chronic hyperventilation. It's anxiety 101 to suffer symptoms like that. Add to it the fact that you're clearly paying attention to your breathing patterns.

We breathe without thinking about it, it's on autopilot for humans. When you switch the autopilot off and take control, suddenly it's your mind that attempts to regulate your breathing, and not your body.

Your body knows how much oxygen it needs for whatever it's doing, it regulates it to accommodate your activity. The mind thinks it knows how much oxygen your body needs, but really, it doesn't have a bloody clue.

Without the body regulating your breathing, you'll start to feel like you need more and more air. That's air hunger, and I'd wager that everyone who has ever suffered severe bouts of anxiety has experienced this at some point.

Kay8010
01-03-17, 09:39
Thanks Gary A - feels like my heart is working overtime also at the moment however the bpm is normal, Gosh its so horrible to feel like I am not getting enough air!

Gary A
01-03-17, 09:44
Thanks Gary A - feels like my heart is working overtime also at the moment however the bpm is normal, Gosh its so horrible to feel like I am not getting enough air!

It's most probably all connected to your breathing pattern. It's actually amazing how many symptoms can be created in your body just by your breathing pattern being a bit messed up.

Air hunger, dizziness, headaches, chest pain, heart palpitations, nausea, tingling extremities etc, can all be caused by even minor changes in your breathing pattern.

I'd be willing to guess that almost every symptom brought up on this forum has something to do with a faulty breathing pattern.

Kay8010
01-03-17, 09:49
Air hunger, dizziness, headaches, chest pain, heart palpitations, nausea, tingling extremities etc, can all be caused by even minor changes in your breathing pattern.

That is exactly what it feels like 'Air hunger' like I have to take deep breathes every time even when I am sitting down!

Gary A
01-03-17, 09:58
That is exactly what it feels like 'Air hunger' like I have to take deep breathes every time even when I am sitting down!

You need to try and stop paying so much attention to your breathing. As I said in my initial response, our bodies are perfectly tuned to regulating our air intake to cope with whatever activity we're doing.

When you start trying to consciously control it, you'll get this feeling of air hunger. Its caused by the body taking in too much oxygen and not dispelling enough Co2, which in turn makes you feel breathless. Of course, this will only make the problem worse because you'll start gasping for air.

Try some breathing excersises the next time you feel this symptom, you'll probably be able to control it quite easily.

Kay8010
01-03-17, 10:02
You need to try and stop paying so much attention to your breathing. As I said in my initial response, our bodies are perfectly tuned to regulating our air intake to cope with whatever activity we're doing.

When you start trying to consciously control it, you'll get this feeling of air hunger. Its caused by the body taking in too much oxygen and not dispelling enough Co2, which in turn makes you feel breathless. Of course, this will only make the problem worse because you'll start gasping for air.

Try some breathing excersises the next time you feel this symptom, you'll probably be able to control it quite easily.

Thanks :) but I feel like this all the time sadly.....I am on my 9th day of citralopram and I want it to start working now....grrrr but I guess I need to help myself too.

Kay8010
01-03-17, 21:31
More panicked than before. Eating loads but lost weight!! Im struggling with everything right now and worried

Kathryn313
01-03-17, 21:37
It is hard isn't it!

Have you tried a youtube breathing video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYnqvadurg&t=1s

or calming music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRrq7cYu84

These are my go to ones at the moment in light of my heightened HA.

Kay8010
01-03-17, 22:27
Hurrendous!!! I shouldn't be losing weight!! Im even more convinced its what im dreading

Kathryn313
01-03-17, 22:59
It is hard isn't it!

Have you tried a youtube breathing video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYnqvadurg&t=1s

or calming music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRrq7cYu84

These are my go to ones at the moment in light of my heightened HA.

GlassPinata
02-03-17, 00:15
Possibly asthma...?

MyNameIsTerry
02-03-17, 01:10
Possibly asthma...?

The GP diagnosed muscular from posture. I'm guessing back pain from postural Issues since bad backs can affect breathing.

Asthma would be easily tested for if needed bit given the muscle pain, it seems unlikely. N

Kay8010
02-03-17, 06:38
Thanks but im concerned about the weight loss more so!

Kathryn313
02-03-17, 07:09
If course you are. You had the same thing when you had your bowel cancer scare. Your body seems to be prone to weight loss during times of high anxiety.

Kay8010
02-03-17, 07:27
If course you are. You had the same thing when you had your bowel cancer scare. Your body seems to be prone to weight loss during times of high anxiety.

Seems to be but then i was eating much less and now im eating more! Im just done with all of this I seriously cant take anymore!