PDA

View Full Version : tardive dyskinesia

Wilburis
01-03-17, 13:22
Hi

Im in a real mess.

I have taken 25mg of Quitiapine each night since Friday and stopped last night as I dont like the way it makes me feel.

Now I cannot stop licking my lips - could I hae tardie dyskinesia already?

Paying to see a top psychiarist in London in the middle of March. I pray she can help me as the other 2 Ive seen were crap.

ANd to top it all off my dishwasher has broken, we have no draining board as we have one of those stupid Belfast sinks. My hubbie will buy a new dishwasher, but it has to be the cheapest and its white! I want a black or at least a silver one but they are more expensive. :blush:

ServerError
01-03-17, 13:32
People with tardive dyskinesia don't just lick their lips. They constantly pucker and smack them. There's no mistaking it.

My guess would be that you're compulsively licking your lips, as many of us do, and you've noticed it and latched onto it because you're worried about TD.

Talk to your doctor if you're genuinely concerned, but I'm sure you're fine.

Wilburis
01-03-17, 13:34
Thank you x

NancyW
01-03-17, 13:42
What on earth is that?
And...
How do you know what it is? Do you have a medical degree?

Wilburis
01-03-17, 13:52
Hi

I read it in the side effect leaflet and I Googled.....

ServerError
01-03-17, 13:55
What on earth is that?
And...
How do you know what it is? Do you have a medical degree?

It's a rare movement disorder, the majority of cases of which are caused by antipsychotic medication, of which quetiapine is one.

rooby
01-03-17, 14:28
I had exactly the same thing happen. I took one tablet and the next morning noticed I kept licking my lips. Of course then I just kept doing it because I was focusing on it. I was panicking but eventually I got distracted and of course it stopped. If it's any consolation I have been taking zyprexa for 4 years and no signs of T.D. don't panic you are fine x

Wilburis
01-03-17, 14:53
Thank you rooby
xx

SLA
01-03-17, 14:55
You can tick that one off the list.

Whats next!?

Wilburis
01-03-17, 14:57
Hi SLA

I love the way you tell it to me straight!

Thank you

x

SLA
01-03-17, 15:26
:hugs:

No worries. :D If its any consolation I am currently going through a rough patch of HA.

I'm trying to keep as rational as possible, but its HARD.

ServerError
01-03-17, 15:50

No worries. :D If its any consolation I am currently going through a rough patch of HA.

I'm trying to keep as rational as possible, but its HARD.

If anybody knows how to handle this, it's you.

Wilburis
01-03-17, 18:31
SLA

Im sorry to hear that.

Sending good vibes xx

Charlie1108
02-03-17, 15:40
Read your post and now I'm licking my lips ha

Wilburis
02-03-17, 15:55
Charlie