PDA

View Full Version : Ibuprofen on empty stomach?

Jmat93x
01-03-17, 15:36
So this morning i woke up and had a bad headache and took 2 ibuprofen on an empty stomach, I feel totally fine just an acid like feeling in my stomach and i've extra gassy today by burping, i don't feel nausea and my stomach doesn't hurt.

I wonder what this could be? As i've eaten and drank today aswell.

SLA
01-03-17, 15:44
I feel totally fine just an acid like feeling

Answer is in the question.

ServerError
01-03-17, 15:49
You're absolutely fine. You may also be dandy.

axolotl
01-03-17, 17:24
Sometimes you will feel gassy. Sometimes you will feel queasy. Sometimes you will have an acidic feeling in your stomach. Sometimes you will get stomach ache. Sometimes your intestines will gurgle. Sometimes you'll get the runs. Sometimes you will have a headache, or a sore arm, or you'll feel a bit tired, or your little finger will hurt.

Diagnosis: You're a human being. Not every tiny feeling deserves an answer being chased.

Josh1234
01-03-17, 18:36
Ibuprofen on an empty stomach is harsh on it. Avoid that when possible.

Sixpack
01-03-17, 20:06
I pretty much agree with axolotl and server error.

Many many folks take ibuprofen on an empty stomach. Can it be harsh on your stomach if you do it often? Maybe, possibly or even probably. But one time, unlikely. My guess is that your anxious mind is worrying over this and your mind created the discomfort you are feeling.

Additionally, I take ibuprofen on an empty stomach any morning I wake with a headache. I someitmes take 3 and occasionally four at a time. *gasp* ;). Four is simply prescription strength in the US, anyway. I have survived just fine. In fact I am dandy :)

GlassPinata
02-03-17, 00:17
I NEVER take ibuprofin on an empty stomach, it ALWAYS irritates my tummy & causes heartburn.

montys
02-03-17, 00:29
The acidity is probably due to the ibuprofen. You'll be fine, but taking ibuprofen on an empty stomach should be avoided in the future.