PDA

View Full Version : Just can't get a break

hopeful927
01-03-17, 16:09
Hi there. So for those of you who recognize me, I just went through a month long anxiety episode due to a lump on my rectum. Went for the colonoscopy, waited for results and everything is fine. I am feeling fine last night, glad to have some relief and I get the mail and in it there is a letter reminding me that I am due for a pap test. They do it every 3 years. This has sent me into a panic because here is another test that I have to do and I will have to wait for the results again. How can I deal with this in a normal way. I kind of feel like I need to give myself a break for a couple weeks from tests, and I am going to Texas for spring break and I don't want to be worrying about anything. I don't want to panic and run to the doctor today to demand the pap test. In my head a "normal" person would say "Ok, so go get it done in the next month or two. Any suggestions on how I can deal with this?

Fishmanpa
01-03-17, 16:14
Do what a "normal person" would do :)

Positive thoughts

Sphincterclench
01-03-17, 16:35
sounds like you already have your answer.

Enjoy Texas.

PASchoolSyndrome
01-03-17, 17:16
Be a normal person (:

Screening is important and will help give you a peace of mind when it comes back and you can say: ahhh it's clear!

hopeful927
07-03-17, 16:02
I know and in the last few years I have had 2 internal ultrasounds, a uterine biopsy and two colonoscopies. I just feel such a panic to get this test done, and until it is I feel like I can't relax. I also just went through the waiting for pathology for my colonoscopie and feel like I need a break for a few weeks, but my anxiety is fighting me on that. Anyone else know how to deal with this? What I would like to do is leave it for a month, enjoy my trip to Texas for spring break and deal with it in April but that plan is difficult as it makes my anxiety hard to manage.