PDA

View Full Version : Aches in my arm

lainey
25-10-04, 12:49
Hi everyone

Quite panicky today as although I have had aches in my left arm since I started with anxiety and especially after a painful shoulder after a bout of gardening, today I have blown it all out of proportion and been on the web looking for answers. came up with allsorts including angina, heart problems you name it I've got it.

I know in my mind that it's because of tension in my neck or even a trapped nerve in my shoulder as it clicks and grinds and I sometimes get numbness in my little finger with it, the ache is in my forearm, back of my arm, sometimes in my hand. I'm really fed up as last week I thought there was something wrong with my brain as my friend has just died of a brain tumour, the week before it was something else. my physical symptoms seem to change week to week and I'm really fed up with it !!
Generally I feel better than I did 3 months ago but I want it all to go away.

Please, any input would be appreciated.

Elaine x

Meg
25-10-04, 14:50
Hi Elaine

You'll be doing lots of this on the course but meanwhile recognise and be pleased with your progress and keep your assumptions on diseases and injuries rational - Its easier if you can remember what you did to injure it originally .

Angina certainly doesn't click or grind ...

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

lainey
25-10-04, 15:41
Hi Meg

Thank you for replying I know deep down what it is but my mind went haywire this morning. Before I had the children I was a qualified nurse and I think a bit of knowledge is more dangerous than none at all. I'm feeling better this afternoon still a little panicky but not as bad as this morning.

Elaine x

Meg
25-10-04, 16:02
OOOH Elaine

You are still a qualified nurse -even if you haven't kept your registration up or practiced .

You worked blood sweat and tears for that SRN or RGN so don't put it in the past !!!

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

seh1980
25-10-04, 16:09
hi Elaine,

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better this afternoon. We all blow our physical aches and pains out of proportion so don't worry - you're not the only one!! I used to be convinced that I was about to have a heart attack at the age of 22 lol.

Sarah :D

Karen
25-10-04, 16:20
Hi Elaine

I get similar aches and pains in my arms and hands. I also have the crunching and grinding in my shoulders and some numbness in my little finger. I have been told I have some arthritis in my shoulders.

I'm glad you are feeling better this afternoon.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
25-10-04, 19:39
Hi Elaine

I think we are all guilty of getting a twinge and looking it up on the net!

I do too and it is the worst thing you can do cos you think you have all sorts of illnesses.

It is a great source of info once we are diagnosed but self-diagnosis can be dangerous and very worrying.

Can you get somethong nice and warm (like a hot towel) to wrap round the arm to give it some comfort.

Hope you feel a bit better this evening?

Nicola

lainey
25-10-04, 22:21
Hi everyone

Thank you all for your kind words of support today I really needed them earlier, I feel much better tonight and know I blew everything up out of proportion.
Meg- thanks for reminding me how hard it ws qualifying to be a nurse, I think some of my problems stem from giving up nursing 13 years ago having had a long chat with my counsellor so I must have a long hard think about the future.
thank you all once again

Elaine xxx

Jules31
26-10-04, 11:02
Hi Elaine

Glad you are feeling better. I had problems with my left arm for ages and still get it every now and again. My little finger and the one next to it kept going numb too. I saw the dr and he said it was a trapped nerve. It went a way in the end and of course I stopped worrying about it then too.

Jules

april tones
05-11-04, 23:30
hiya, i havent posted for long time, i have had pnd and anxiey, im coming off tabs now, i got similar symptoms which started a year ago after i gave birth to my son, im waiting for mri. Mine sounds like fibromylagia but im not a doctor, want to be a midwife though!! see your gp, take care, april x

apriltones