PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety Gone Up A Level...Or 2

lloydrich
01-03-17, 17:32
Hi all,

Literally found this website an hour ago after having some health related anxieties the past couple of months. I am in my mid 30s and I would say mine is mild as it typically causes me problems if I am sick/ill/injury but then disappears. Im not dwelling on anything most of time unless I find a "problem".

Recently however, I had to end up getting blood tests for a health scare and this kinda freaked me out. Now I'm much more paranoid about my health, even though fortunately, the results came back absolutely fine.

Strangely, this feels like an opportunity for me to really get to grips because at the route core, it is all about being afraid of death, and any health mishap is a reminder of this fear for me. So my question(s), are would the CBTpanic and the bemindful course be a good avenue based on other peoples experiences? I want to finally nip this in the bud and fully accept death is a natural part of the process and let go. So any suggestions would be absolutely awesome :)

Cheers, Lloyd

(just to add, the recent health scare made me quit alcohol 2 months ago, eat a healthy plant based diet, together with some form of daily exercise. Even writing this out makes me feel more empowered, focus and dare i say, less anxious)

PASchoolSyndrome
01-03-17, 17:37
Hi all,

(just to add, the recent health scare made me quit alcohol 2 months ago, eat a healthy plant based die, together with some form of daily exercise. Even writing this out makes me feel more empowered, focus and dare i say, less anxious)

I haven't tried those methods (I speak one on one with a counselor) so I apologize for replying a post not answering your question but I just have to say:

Gosh damnit that is awesome!! Good for you!!

lloydrich
01-03-17, 19:17
Gosh damnit that is awesome!! Good for you!!

haha, thanks :D