PDA

View Full Version : I bumped my head on the floor. Anxiety is back

Jackrabbit
01-03-17, 21:21
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this but decided to give it a try when i saw the helpful replies on other posts from google. Last Friday night I went out with a friend and got pretty drunk (I know, shame on me ) and ended up falling out of a chair and hitting the back of my head on the floor. I fell on to my side and then did this sort of whiplash motion and hit the back right side of my head pretty good. I didn't blackout just felt the sharp pain from the impact, rubbed a little and got up and laughed it off. I went to sleep maybe an hour later and woke up normal time with no headache only slightly hungover. I've been doing really well with my anxiety lately and this has really set me back a bit. I'm so worried about slow brain bleeds and longterm concussion symptoms and its driving me insane. I have been to the ER and my GP and they both performed a basic neuro test on me and said that a CT wasn't needed because everything looked ok. Not to mention that I wasn't having an nausea or headaches just dizziness. The dizziness is worse today (4 days later) and I can't tell if its anxiety or something it really wrong. I'm so paranoid right now, any advice or similar experiences???

Fishmanpa
01-03-17, 21:25
5 days after the incident, if something were wrong, you'd know.

Positive thoughts

Jackrabbit
01-03-17, 21:31
Fishmanpa that is what I keep telling myself and my mom says the same thing. I know subdural bleeds are rare but my mind keeps traveling to that. Ive read that those symptoms can actually take weeks to show up. I think that I may have a mild concussion because of the dizziness ( When i stand or lay down and turn on my sides it gets worse or when i lean my head back). I'm not really sore and I keep clenching my jaw which is something i do when I'm anxious and i think thats starting to give me a bit of a tension headache on one side. I'm a 24 year old female by the way and I also read that subdural bleeds usually happen in babies and old people and that epidural bleeds (the one Natasha Richardson died from) usually present themselves within 24-48 hours. So I know I'm being crazy here, trust me, but I just want to be ok ya know -_-

Sixpack
01-03-17, 21:57
You are fine. Well except for your anxious over thinking ;)

You may have read my bit to another member about head injuries and my daughter. If not you can look at my posts and find it.

Another thing: concussion. My neighbor's son had one because of a wrestling match. the evening after the match he had a massive headache and was horribly nauseous. the following morning they took him to the Doctor and was dx'd with a mild concussion. He was then sent home to recooperate. Your doctor did not even find concussion.

Jackrabbit
01-03-17, 22:08
You are fine. Well except for your anxious over thinking ;)

You may have read my bit to another member about head injuries and my daughter. If not you can look at my posts and find it.

Another thing: concussion. My neighbor's son had one because of a wrestling match. the evening after the match he had a massive headache and was horribly nauseous. the following morning they took him to the Doctor and was dx'd with a mild concussion. He was then sent home to recooperate. Your doctor did not even find concussion.

Yes I found it! I'm terribly sorry about your daughter. And this isn't my first time bumping my head just my first time since I've been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder and Hypochondria. What is frustrating is that I was just starting to get better. and then literally BANG, and its back! :weep:

Whats worrying me I guess is the dizziness. I've always had lightheadedness with the anxiety but this dizziness is different which is making me think it has something to do with hitting my head.