PDA

View Full Version : I fear I've relapsed into my hypochondria

Haced
01-03-17, 22:30
I feel stupid for this, I really do, but at the same time I'm still incredibly worried with everything around me.

I think I've fully relapsed back into my original hypochondriac feelings, that I have a brain tumor. I've been incredibly anxious for about a week as some of you know, and now I'm back to feeling that my death is soon and I have an incurable brain tumor. A few days ago I was worried that my Mom has one (I still am) but now I think I have one too. The symptoms that happened last time when I thought so have come back, headaches behind the eyes, weakness, being tired, etc. I need reassurance because I really do feel like I'm going to die in a few months and I don't know what to do. I'm panicking.

MrsDavies
01-03-17, 23:09
Try and take comfort in the fact that you have had these symptoms before when you were anxious. You've mentioned in your post that you've begun to feel anxious again, especially about a BT so it makes sense that anxiety is likely the culprit at play again. Tumours don't come and go, they continually get worse, the fact that your symptoms left you whilst you were not anxious is a massive red flag prompting me to think that it is anxiety causing this for you again. Sorry to hear how your feeling, try not to let it spiral out of control, I know that's easier said than done but you don't want to fall into that messy cycle again :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montys
02-03-17, 00:22
If you found your way out of persistent hypochondria before, you can do it again :) Setbacks will happen to everyone, but now you have another chance to apply the habits and treatment that you used before to treat yourself.

Also, the symptoms you noted are symptoms of anxiety, so consider the possibility that you're simply falling into an anxious cycle.

Haced
02-03-17, 22:45
Thank all of you. I feel much better even though at times I still do believe I have some sort of brain tumor. I hate how anxiety can cause somatic symptoms and can last even after you calm down.