PDA

View Full Version : Hard immovable lump on my jawline - 18 years old

mp2305
01-03-17, 22:32
Hi my health anxiety takes over my life and I really need help with an issue.

I can't remember when I first discovered this lump on my jawline, but it was definitely over 3-4 years ago. It is right next to my chin actually on the jawline not underneath where glands are. It is rock hard and immovable. It has never gotten bigger or caused me any pain, I just ignored it as I thought it was part of my bone structure.

But now I have extreme health anxiety for other symptoms I've had associated with anxiety, I can't stop thinking about it. Help me please.

Fishmanpa
01-03-17, 22:59
Sounds like part of your bone structure to me. We're not make of porcelain ya know ;)

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

In 3-4 years, this would have grown.

Positive thoughts

Cakelady
01-03-17, 23:20
Please try not to worry it wouldn't have stayed like that for so long if it was something serious. My 10 year old has had a hard lump, no pain & not increased in size for prob 18 months now. Both dentist & doctor said it was a blocked salivary gland & would eventually sort itself- not sure how long eventually is though! Really sounds like nothing but just for reassurance you could ask your dentist or gp :)xx

axolotl
01-03-17, 23:47
Just to reiterate what others have said, if you're worried about cancer this wouldn't have sat at the same size doing nothing for several years.

mp2305
02-03-17, 12:19
Thank you for replying!! Made me feel so much better xxx

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Please try not to worry it wouldn't have stayed like that for so long if it was something serious. My 10 year old has had a hard lump, no pain & not increased in size for prob 18 months now. Both dentist & doctor said it was a blocked salivary gland & would eventually sort itself- not sure how long eventually is though! Really sounds like nothing but just for reassurance you could ask your dentist or gp :)xx

Thank you for replying!! Given me reassurance <3 xxx

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

thank you!!x

kelkit1977
12-01-19, 21:13
hi, how do you feel now? is the lump still there? i have one to exactly like yours and im very scared.