PDA

View Full Version : Made it through today

Nat88
01-03-17, 22:53
Last night was one of the most difficult lows I have ever experienced. I woke up after several bad dreams sweat soaked and panicking badly, and was very, very tempted to fall back into my coping behaviour of self-harming. I managed to get through the rest of the night and the morning where I had to leave the house feeling still extremely unwell, but I MANAGED IT. :yesyes:

A friend came and spent a few hours with me and I mentioned the dreams and for once I actually felt better after sharing my experience with someone. I guess I'm writing this because I was convinced I wouldn't make it through last night easily, but I did. And if it happens again, I can do it again. And so can everyone else.

This may not be much of a success story, but the way I've been feeling lately it's the best I can hope for right now. Thank you for letting me share this.

xBettyBoopx
01-03-17, 23:03
Hey Nat

Well done to you :yesyes: It's nice to have someone to talk to and get things off your chest or forget about worries for a while and laugh about stuff:yesyes:

If you did it last night, you can do it any night. Good for you :yesyes:

xBettyx

Catherine S
01-03-17, 23:05
Hi Nat, not much of a success story? Compared to what? It's your success and that's what matters. You did really really well. Recovery is a bit like walking through treacle, but that's ok, we all do it in our own way. You got through the night and the following day NOT doing what you would have done. I'd say that was a great success :) Well done you.

ISB x

Bigboyuk
01-03-17, 23:12
Hi Nat there's nothing nicer to read than a success story and you are living proof well done on this and I am proud of you :):hugs: Cheers