PDA

View Full Version : Chest pressure

Hypomean
02-03-17, 02:21
Im here freaking out.

I was dealing with a bad cold so I went out and got me some mess to help out. Usually alka seltzer and it helps the headaches I get so I thought the cold version should halo me better then the other meds. During the course of one day I took them every four hrs and then took the night time version before going to bed. During the night I woke up with chest pain really bad chest pain that I couldn't move then it subsided then it would come back it's in the center off to my right side. It goes away after burping but some back and I'm left with a pain that feels like hunger pains. I just read the box out of my cold stupor and it says don't take if you suffer from acid reflux!! I suffer from it bad now I'm freaking out I'm bleeding internally and that's the feeling I'm getting. I don't have insurance so I don't know what to do now???
Im a mess.

roseanxiety
02-03-17, 03:16
Try to calm down. You are not bleeding internally. Do you have a stomach acid reducer you could take? Like Tums or Pepto Bismol? That might help.

PASchoolSyndrome
02-03-17, 03:55
This happened to me. I woke up in the middle of the night, thought I was dying. The pain was so excruciating.

It was acid in my tummy (:

Pepcid helped wonders. Tums and Pepcid as well.

Hypomean
03-03-17, 03:30
Thanks guys.

But I've never felt this pain with acid reflux. It still continues sharp pressure pain. I've thought about maybe an esophageal tear or an ulcer that can erode further. The fact that I can't openly tell someone is getting me upset. I don't want to tell the hubs since he is already feeling bad about loosing our health insurance. My mom doesn't get the whole anxiety thing she says she does but recently heard her saying it's just a cry for attention. When you are internally fighting this and having to put a smile on your face, it's a battle that has no end :(. I just remembered it was 8 tablets I took. Could I have down extensive damage? Especially with having GERD, I had a flare up the day before I took the alka seltzer. Since it was the fizzing ones my hubs did say I could of irritated my stomach. That was with an off comment I made about my chest hurting.

PASchoolSyndrome
03-03-17, 04:10
I'm sorry about your health insurance. Unfortunately the only one who is qualified to give you any real answers is your doctor.

Pepcid can be purchased over the counter. While self-medicating without consult from a clinician is typically never recommended, Pepcid helped rid of my GETD/esophageal pain. If you have questions you can ask the pharmacist af the pharmacy counter.

That is understandingly frustrated. You can always talk to us!