PDA

View Full Version : Low Calprotectin Result

charliebear78
02-03-17, 10:30
Hi everyone.
I have been having ongoing issues now since just before Christmas-stomach ache lasting for weeks at a time/backache, constant wind and burping, Constipation and the feeling of not being done,heartburn...Sometimes loose stools brought on after eating.
As this was so constant I went to the Docs whom believe it is my IBS symptoms again-I have had IBS for 10yrs but never experienced anything so constant or symptoms all at once like this!
This time they have decided to do lots of tests to rule out other causes-which IS great-however the waiting around for tests/results is a cause of panic to my already panicked mind!
I stupidly googled when these symptoms were at their worse and became convinced it meant Cancer somewhere in my stomach/bowel.
An upper GI Endoscopy ruled out anything to do with the actual stomach-so now I am worried its more to do with the bowels and as been all along!
My partner bought me a FOBT test to do as he hoped this would calm me-typically it came back positive and sent me into a ball of worry!
Docs do not seem overly concerned about this-so instead had me do a Fecal Calprotectin test to rule out inflammation in the bowels-still waiting this result(5 weeks now!)
I even paid to see a consultant and he said probably IBS-Was not bothered by Fobt either,but referred me for a CT Scan,(this weekend.
I also had a CA-125 blood test done which came back normal-I heard however that this can be raised in cancers of the stomach,bowel etc....
So my worry is that I have early BC and it is being missed-Docs do not seem willing to send me for a colonoscopy.
If my Calprotectin comes back low/normal combined with the low CA-125 bloods will this help confirm BC is unlikely?
Surely if I had something nasty inflammation would be present?
I just want to go back to being "me" again and this person who worries over dying is not me!:mad:

Capercrohnj
02-03-17, 13:20
Faecal calprotectin is more of an IBD (Crohn's and uc) test but if your blood tests are good it's more than likely ibs