PDA

View Full Version : Sore gum

BrokenGirl
02-03-17, 10:38
My gum has been sore for a day or two. It's my upper gum near my back tooth. It's not the gum right next to the tooth, it's kind of more on the inside of my cheek than near the tooth, if that makes sense.
Because my HA is so bad lately I'm trying not to let this one spiral. I don't remember eating anything hard or sharp that might have hurt it. I felt it with my finger a while ago and thought I felt a small softish lump, but not sure.
Any ideas anyone what it might be or has anyone had anything like it?
My head wants me to go into that bad place and make an automatic diagnosis but i'm trying really hard not to !!

SLA
02-03-17, 10:44
Sounds like a sore gum.

BrokenGirl
02-03-17, 11:19
If I thought it was just "a sore gum" then i wouldn't have written this post. Why would a gum / inside of cheek get sore if i can't remember hurting it. It hasn't happened me before and yes, it's scaring me a little!
It seems to be a bit sorer today than yesterday

SLA
02-03-17, 11:35
If I thought it was just "a sore gum" then i wouldn't have written this post.

Exactly. Because you don't just think its a sore gum.

swajj
02-03-17, 12:03
Everyone gets sore gums at times. So do you but you don't usually notice it. It will go away in a couple of days.

BrokenGirl
02-03-17, 12:07
Exactly. Because you don't just think its a sore gum.

Exactly, and that's why i am posting. I'm scared it's something more serious. And I know I've been here before with many other things and they all turned out fine, but it's that voice "what if it's different this time"............
It just doesn't seem right that a gum or cheek would get sore for no apparent reason

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Everyone gets sore gums at times. So do you but you don't usually notice it. It will go away in a couple of days.

Thanks swajj. I hope you're right.
I just wish things would stop freaking me out. I know our bodies are going to get sore in places and have aches and pains.
I beginning to think that my brain needs a serious rewiring!!!!

swajj
02-03-17, 12:12
Go with probabilities then. If all the other times it turned out to be nothing then what are the chances that this time it is something? Try to think like that. It used to work for me.

Fishmanpa
02-03-17, 12:13
Is it any different than a bruise and you not remembering banging yourself?

Positive thoughts

swajj
02-03-17, 12:17
I'm no psych but I think that one of the reasons it works is because you are minimising it in your mind. So not hyper focusing as Fish likes to say. Once you give it less importance the soreness will lessen. Probably to the point where it becomes the kind of sore gum you don't really notice. ��

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

God I do it all the time, so annoying

Not this ��
This :winks:

BrokenGirl
02-03-17, 12:22
Is it any different than a bruise and you not remembering banging yourself?

Positive thoughts

Probably not. And I do remember posting something like that a few months ago.
I'll just have to give it a few days and fingers crossed it will be gone or at least improved then

SLA
02-03-17, 12:23
but it's that voice "what if it's different this time"

Why is that voice important?

Its not got a very good track record of being right.

swajj
02-03-17, 12:26
Have you ever had that thought SLA? I used to think like that all the time. What if this time it really is something

BrokenGirl
02-03-17, 12:30
And that's exactly why i'm posting here.
If I didn't have that what if voice in my head, then more than likely i wouldn't be here posting at all.
It's just much easier said than do trying to not listen to it

SLA
02-03-17, 13:28
The point is...

...we all have that "what if" voice.