PDA

View Full Version : rushed to a&e heart attack sent home with stress

miss motown
21-04-07, 21:58
dont feel right i was takin to a&e with chest pain shortness of breath pains down my left arm and around my jaw all the signs of a heart attack i was put on the heart monitor over night had blood tests and when morning came i was discharged with stress not heart attack. the consultant came and sat with me before i went home and said that stress was the most common course of most deaths and was told to try and take things easy. i left feeling worse fancy saying that to someone with stress as my middle name i was gutted i carnt belive all the symptoms of a heart attack has anyone else had all these signes pains down left arm shortness of breath and chest pain im really spooked wot do i do if it happens againe its so hard when you carnt tell one from the other heart ur panic :shrug:

jodie
21-04-07, 22:04
hi

please don panic i have had all this and gone to a and e they sent me home and sead it was stress anxiety BUT they sead panics wont kill me i have never known some one die of stress never
try not to panic try not to think about it and go see your gp

jodie xx

ksmith
21-04-07, 23:26
I think there are a few of us on this site who have gone to A & E fearing we were suffering from heart attacks. However, I have never heard of anyone dying from stress alone. Are you on meds? If you're that bad it might be worth considering have a chat with your GP and see what the best course of action is for you to address what sounds like acute anxiety. Meanwhile, try and take things at a steady pace, do breathing exercises, get lots of rest etc (all the advice that's given on this site to be honest).
Hope you feel better soon.

Kay x

russ
22-04-07, 07:19
Hi Miss Motown,

Sorry you had such a scary experience.

I've been through much the same. However, with me I had a condition called costochondritis which does produce "heart attack" symptoms. Some doctors do miss this, so ensure that is not the issue here. All costochondritis is inflammation of cartilege in the chest.

If your doctor has said stress is an issue, take him seriously. Stress isn't good for any health scenario, so try and reduce the stress in your life.

Panic isn't nice, anxiety is the body's way of telling us things are not right. I look at it like this, if we are not looking after ourselves mentally, be that because of stress, grief, whatever, there comes apoint where our body converts those emotional issues into physical signs.

12 months ago I would have never believed anxiety could cause the feelings it has, but now it appears the only cause.

Consider you have had health checks, all is fine, that should be some comfort to you.

take care,

trish1955
22-04-07, 09:25
dont feel right i was takin to a&e with chest pain shortness of breath pains down my left arm and around my jaw all the signs of a heart attack i was put on the heart monitor over night had blood tests and when morning came i was discharged with stress not heart attack. the consultant came and sat with me before i went home and said that stress was the most common course of most deaths and was told to try and take things easy. i left feeling worse fancy saying that to someone with stress as my middle name i was gutted i carnt belive all the symptoms of a heart attack has anyone else had all these signes pains down left arm shortness of breath and chest pain im really spooked wot do i do if it happens againe its so hard when you carnt tell one from the other heart ur panic :shrug:fancy saying that about stress i would have said well u had better keep here then as i am never stress free i suffer bad anxiety most evrey day i dont no how it feels to relax and thats the truth well its got my brain ticking over now and my heart is going ten to the dozen but it does that on and off most days to but now read that i feel it more bye for now trish

Dave777
22-04-07, 10:25
Hi Miss M., you just take it easy mate, go sit in the garden with a nice cold drink, close you eyes and de-stress. I know how you feel but it's possible to kick the stress monster in the butt if you try ! lol:)

Dave x

moff
22-04-07, 10:40
does anyone thik that there attacks were trigered by there work?

miss motown
22-04-07, 21:59
i did think my stress was due to work i do seem to see alot at work and its all not that nice to see i work for the nhs in theatres and i must say i do see alot.i did take some time out and did feel abit better for it and now im back the anxietys back with it. so yes i do think work has alot to do with it

sarah21
10-06-07, 15:43
hello

i also suffer with pain in my chest in my left arm its horrible n me also have ad ecgs n blood tests the docs also tld me its stress n anxiety

now all we gtta do it reasuure ourselves thts al it is so we cn look to d future n live a happy life again xx

breeze25
10-06-07, 18:18
I went to A&E with a suspected heart attack, turned out to be indigestion. I felt so silly and was made to feel very silly.

traciec39
10-06-07, 19:47
i was rushed to a &e with a suspected heart attack....turned out they gave me milk of magnesia...i farted a few times....i was cured!!!! just pure panic.

ive paniced for over 12 years now...n im still alive