PDA

View Full Version : Got to stop after 12 days on my psychiatrist orders

Benjammin69
02-03-17, 18:06
Hey all - me again :-/

So had a review today and because of my racing thoughts and some suicidal thoughts I have to be reviewed by the mental health team again and my psychiatrist is not happy that I am on both citalopram and mirtazapine so he's asked me to stop the citalopram as of tomorrow and re-instate my quetiapine with my mirtazapine. I've got some diazepam up to 10mg a day to help with agitation until then...

What to expect?! If I stop? Should I stop at 12 days? Are racing thoughts and suicidal thoughts normal at 12 days in?

Shazamataz
02-03-17, 19:30
Things can be very rough in the first 2-3 weeks when starting SSRIs. I'm not sure if you will have withdrawal after 12 days. You may find if it's made you really agitated and suicidal that stopping it takes care if these aspects quite quickly.

panic_down_under
02-03-17, 21:09
my psychiatrist is not happy that I am on both citalopram and mirtazapine

So he's keeping the least effective of the two? Why? It's not as if you will need mirtazapine for insomnia, which, imho, is all it's good for, if you're on quetiapine again.

What to expect?! If I stop? Should I stop at 12 days?

Withdrawal should not be a significant issues, both because you've only been on citalopram for a few days and because it has a longish half-life so leaves the body fairly slowly.

Are racing thoughts and suicidal thoughts normal at 12 days in?

Racing thoughts are not uncommon, suicidal thoughts less so. Whether to continue with a med depends on the severity of the latter.

Benjammin69
03-03-17, 13:10
Thanks for your replies, so today is day 13 and I am not due to take any tablets today but I actually feel a little better although still spent most of the day dr googling and not much energy to do anything other than lay on the sofa... so am I at that turning point where things could get start getting better or should I stop like the psychiatrist said. Life is tough man

kain
08-03-17, 05:38
Honestly when I took mirtz and cit together I had the worst thoughts ever. If you can tolerate it I would try to stick with the citalopram. Mirtazapine Is very sedating in my opinion which also made me feel worse because I had no energy even if I took it at night.