PDA

View Full Version : Armpit Nodes

AnxiousAbbie
02-03-17, 21:24
Hey everyone. :)

My first bout of health anxiety was about lymphoma, as I have a few palpable and firm nodes in my neck and under my jaw. I have since come to realise that these have always been there and probably always will be.

However, my breast cancer fear is still hanging around, despite 2 clear U/S and three exams by different doctors. I can accept I don't have any lumps, but I'm worrying I have IBC which hasn't presented yet but has still spread to my nodes (as I write this down it sounds kind of irrational).

I can feel a couple of nodes in my left armpit (the side I'm concerned about). I want to say they're a little larger than pea size and are extremely moveable, actually more moveable than any other lymph nodes I have in my body (which makes me wonder if they're lymph nodes at all). I literally have to chase them around in my armpit to feel them. They're firm like the ones I can feel in my neck and jaw (which I know are benign because I've had them ultrasounded too... :blush: )

I just need some advice. I can't stop feeling my armpit and it's getting really sore. Rationally I know that prodding them is not changing their state, in fact, it's probably making them worse. I feel like I'm prodded it so much that it's swollen and the skin is a bit broken :weep: I hate this.

BTW: I discovered these nodes probably 2 months ago and again, rationally, I realise they could well have been there for ages and I've never noticed them. They haven't got any bigger.

PASchoolSyndrome
02-03-17, 22:00
Hi Abbie, my own story relates to yours so well, instead of armpit nodes it's groin nodes. If you go looking for something you're going to find it! Lol. I've come down from my lymphoma anxiety and now on to my breasts but I'm trying to force myself not to constantly feel around. It's really hard, but every time I feel my hand go for a grab I have to stop myself. I've just had a whole body lymph node check and and a clinical Breast exam within the last 2 months so I just have to tell myself that I'm find until the next well women check.

Mav
02-03-17, 22:23
I relate, I had an armpit node. I stopped prodding it and it slowly went down.

Now I'm struggling with palpable nodes in my neck :(

AnxiousAbbie
02-03-17, 22:38
Mav, I don't know if you read the lymph nodes in neck poll, but 85% of people have palpable nodes in their necks! :) I have one in the side of my neck that pops out when I turn my head! But I felt my boyfriend's neck and he actually has two on his left side like that! Everyone has them, it's just that most people don't go looking for them :)

Mav
03-03-17, 01:12
Mav, I don't know if you read the lymph nodes in neck poll, but 85% of people have palpable nodes in their necks! :) I have one in the side of my neck that pops out when I turn my head! But I felt my boyfriend's neck and he actually has two on his left side like that! Everyone has them, it's just that most people don't go looking for them :)

Mine pops out a bit too when I turn my head to the side :blush:

I had it checked out, blood texts and ches-Xray all clear. I think it's gotten smaller since too (Probably got inflamed because I tortured it by prodding and poking).

My doc wanted to send me to the ENT anyway because it was still present after 6 weeks, it was a non-urgent referal and it's been a month now since I saw the doc and still no appointment. She said it was benign feeling and wasn't particularly concerned so I think i shouldn't be either! :weep:

AnxiousAbbie
03-03-17, 14:24
I really don't think you should be :) doctor isn't concerned, and as I said, a lot of people probably have them but just don't notice! Doctors will err on the side of caution, even when there is likely nothing wrong. Even so, you said your doctor isn't concerned so you shouldn't be either :)

brandybuck
03-03-17, 17:18
Hey, having the same issue, quite painful too. it mostly starts on the side of my boob and extends towards my armpit. Three months ago the doc psychically checked my breasts and said i have mastosis(benign lumps). They were also quite painful at the time but the pain went away after using some progesterone based cream. What worries me now is that the pain is a little worse, especially in the area where lymph nodes would also be located, and I can also feel some lumps quite clearly. So baiscally my worry is that they're not usual breast lumps but lymph nodes, especially since i feel some of them higher than my breast a little. Doc also checked for swollen lymph nodes at the time, but it's been a while since then :(